Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Teresa Pitman
Teresa Pitman has been writing about birth, breastfeeding and parenting for more than 25 years. She co-wrote the popular "Steps and Stages" columns in Today's Parent, Canada's national parenting magazine, and has also written for many other magazines, including Mothering, Family Fun, Chatelaine, and More. She also has 14 published books. As a long-time La Leche League Leader, she was thrilled to be asked to co-write the 8th Edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (published in 2010).
Teresa has been invited to speak at conferences across Canada and the US and as far away as New Zealand. She's the mother of four grown children and the grandmother of six and lives in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Teresa Pitman
It’s 4 A.M. You’ve nursed your baby five times throughout the night. You’re beyond exhausted. But where can you breastfeed safely when you might fall asleep? You’ve heard that your bed is dangerous for babies. Or is it? Is there a way to reduce the risk? Does life really have to be this hard? No, it doesn’t. Sweet Sleep is within reach. This invaluable resource will help you
• sleep better tonight in under ten minutes with the Quick Start guide—and sleep safer every night with the Safe Sleep Seven checklist
• sort out the facts and fictions of bedsharing and SIDS
• learn about normal sleep at every age and stage, from newborn to new parent
• direct your baby toward longer sleep when he’s ready
• tailor your approach to your baby’s temperament
• uncover the hidden costs of sleep training and “cry it out” techniques
• navigate naps at home and daycare
• handle concerns from family, friends, and physicians
• enjoy stories and tips from mothers like you
• make the soundest sleep decisions for your family and your life
Advance praise for Sweet Sleep
“Chock-full of advice and information . . . The editors smartly break the information into digestible bits organized by topics and age ranges. And for any parent desperate for an uninterrupted few hours of sleep, the advice is worth the read. Sweet Sleep includes extensive information on creating a safe sleep space, helping children learn to sleep on their own and defusing criticism of your family’s choices. . . . This book is nothing but supportive of whatever your choices are about nursing and sleeping.”—BookPage
“An essential guide for parents . . . detailed, practical advice on bed sharing and breast-feeding, with basic guidelines for safe bed sharing outlined in seven steps.”—Publishers Weekly
- How do I help my baby to get a good latch?
- How can I know if my baby is getting enough milk?
- How can I help him get more?
- Can I avoid sore nipples?
- Will my medication affect my baby
- How do I fit breastfeeding into my life when I’m so busy?
The answers are here. Dr. Jack Newman and Teresa Pitman are two of the foremost lactation experts in Canada and have helped tens of thousands of new mothers find solutions that work. In this comprehensive guide, they share the most current information about breastfeeding and provide new, effective strategies and solutions to make breastfeeding work for you.