The Brokenwood Mysteries
In Series 6 of this charming New Zealand mystery, detectives Mike Shepherd (Neill Rea), Kristin Sims (Fern Sutherland), and Sam Breen (Nic Sampson) investigate a death at a steampunk event, a novelist’s killing modeled on a murder in his new book, the shooting of an animal rights activist, and a suspicious suicide at a women’s prison. “Engaging, compelling, and humorous” -The British TV Place.
- 1. The Power of SteamNovember 9, 20191 h 32 minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishShepherd and his team are drawn into a world of Victorian costumes and science fiction when they investigate a death at a gathering of steampunk enthusiasts. The victim was a prejudiced man who was killed in an explosion during a fireworks display, but was he the intended target?
- 2. A Real Page-TurnerNovember 16, 20191 h 32 minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishSimms attends a book reading only to find that the world-renowned author has been killed in the same manner as his new novel, Knife in the Back. To complicate matters, the woman found kneeling over his dead body is Shepherd’s ex-wife.
- 3. Dead Men Don’t Shoot DucksNovember 23, 20191 h 32 minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishWhen an animal rights activist is killed while attempting to disrupt the first day of duck hunting season, Shepherd and the team interview members of the Brokenwood Duck Stalking Association. Was her death an accidental shooting, or something more sinister?
- 4. Dead and BuriedNovember 30, 20191 h 32 minTV-14SubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA suspicious suicide inside Brokenwood Women’s Prison turns personal when Shepherd discovers he knew the victim from his days in the city. As the detectives investigate, they come across familiar faces, as some of the suspects are female convicts that they put away.
4.8 out of 5 stars
641 global ratings
- 86% of reviews have 5 stars
- 9% of reviews have 4 stars
- 3% of reviews have 3 stars
- 1% of reviews have 2 stars
- 2% of reviews have 1 stars