The Comprehensive ENFP Survival Guide Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Life as an ENFP is no walk in the park. Despite the happy-go-lucky attitude they exude, only those who share the specific preference for extroversion, intuition, feeling, and perceiving on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator can truly understand the unique form of chaos that governs this type's restless mind.
Embodying a profoundly strange stack of cognitive functions, ENFPs approach the world with both the enthusiasm of a child and the wisdom of an old soul. In this detailed, type-based survival guide, seasoned MBTI author and shameless ENFP Heidi Priebe explains how to manage the ups, downs, and inside outs of everyday life as one of the most passionate yet self-contradictory types.
- Click above to get a preview of our newest plan - unlimited listening to select audiobooks, Audible Originals, and podcasts.
- You will get an email reminder before your trial ends.
- $7.95 a month after 30 days. Cancel online anytime.
People who viewed this also viewed
People who bought this also bought
Related to this topic
|Listening Length||5 hours and 59 minutes|
|Narrator||Luci Christian Bell|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com Release Date||November 13, 2015|
|Best Sellers Rank|| #135,996 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
#1,249 in Communication & Social Skills (Audible Books & Originals)
#1,885 in Popular Psychology Personality Study
#2,987 in Communication & Social Skills (Books)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. It isn't ridiculously short! The stand alone books and the sections for any individual type within a larger book all seem somewhat lacking in depth due to lack of content.
2. This book seems to really dish out the positive and negative aspects of this personality type. In turn it explains how to work towards strengths and manage weaknesses.
3. The author has really constructed something which hits you from many angles. There are cited aspects for how ENFP people develop over their lives. There are layers of other personality subsets using other personality profiles, and suggestions for looking further into this new info. There is a lot of input from other fellow ENFPs.
4. In every section the info seems so valid, but beyond that there have been many quotes, suggestions and descriptions that have really hit home and given me "the feels" or made me laugh out loud. Obviously I can't guarantee you will feel the same but if you are an ENFP it's probable you will and that you will love feeling understood and validated! ;-)
I will gladly update this review when I have finished the book, but I wanted to put something out there to encourage people to give this book a go if they are looking for more information on the ENFP personality. This book is much better than the cheapies or the freebies or the "one chapter" in any of the bigger books like "What Color is Your Parachute?", etc. Well worth $4.99!
UPDATE: Sorry I forgot to update this when I finished reading the book. That said, I am not sure there is that much more to be written which I haven't already covered. I've read a lot of published material on the personality types, and ENFPs in particular, but this book is hands-down my favorite ENFP resource out there as it is thorough, comprehensive, affordable and well-written. There are a lot of self-published books out there that make the inner-editor in many of us cringe, and this isn't one of those books. My hope is that all the types get a book as great as this one, as it is a valuable resource. Thanks, Heidi Priebe!
This book covered ENFPs at work, in relationships, as parents, in friendships, & by themselves. I truly found myself amazed at how accurately it described me. One of my favorite sentences was- it's not ADD, it's ENFP! The author disclosed just enough of her own experiences to add to the discussion. I also found it helpful to find out my partner's Myers-Briggs type while reading so I could focus on the sections that discussed our matchup. I feel bad for the other personality types for not having a comprehensive guide like this.
A quick note- I recommend skipping over the forward. I read it first and was incredibly disappointed, as I found the tone of the author of the forward to be insufferable! She literally ended every sentence with at least one !- and that's not a hyperbole. Once I got past it, I quickly found author of the book- Heidi Priebe- to have a much more enjoyable style of writing. I enjoyed this book very much and know that I'll go back to it often.
Top reviews from other countries
It allowed me to understand every situation, every relationship I've ever been through, and why I reacted the way I did. It made me see why certain experiences almost killed me and why they made me stronger.
Note of warning: be ready to laugh and cry unexpectedly, but let's be honest, you already are: you're an ENFP!
I couldn't promote this book more if they paid me. Every single ENFP I meet will hear about this book (short of having it shoved down their throats haha)
Note for INTJs: you want to understand your ENFP partner? Look no further. This goes REALLY in depth, so be sure you're ready for it. Oh, and please, don't get stuck on the social butterfly elements in there. Make sure you see them as part of the bigger picture, and use them to understand if your ENFP is ready for the fantastic relationship they could have with you.
As an ENFP I lost touch with who I was, there's a great chapter explaining how as ENFP's we can lose sense of who we are and what we're about if we don't spend time digesting our emotions. I have ended up with shadow functions i.e using my Introverted Sensing as my dominant function which has caused deep unhappiness in my life. I never really understood why I felt the way I did or what led me to feel this way but this book has she'd so much light on what I am currently feeling and why. It has also given me ways to take back control.
Honestly as an ENFP my thirst for knowledge is endless, I have read many brilliant and interesting books but for me this is probably the most eye opening of them all. If you're an ENFP BUY THIS BOOK.