THE TUDORS will present the rarely dramatized, tumultuous early years of King Henry VIII's nearly 40-year, omnipotent reign (1509-1547) of England. In addition to his famous female consorts and 20+ year marriage to Catherine of Aragon and the infamous dalliance with Anne Boleyn, the series delves into Henry's most notable political relationship and the deconstruction of the Roman Catholic Church in England.
By ordering or viewing, you agree to our Terms. Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC.
- 1. The TudorsApril 1, 200756minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishKing Henry VIII prepares for war with France but is dissuaded by the diplomatic manipulation of his powerful Lord Chancellor. The harmony of the King's domestic affairs is threatened when he discovers that Elizabeth Blount lady-in-waiting to his Queen, Katherine of Aragon, is pregnant with his child.
- 2. Episode 2April 7, 200757minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishHenry contemplates an alliance with Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, King of Spain, despite his Field of Cloth of Gold ceremony celebrating allegiance to France; Elizabeth gives birth to the king's illegitimate son.
- 3. Episode 3April 14, 200754minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA visit from Charles V forces Henry to conceal his growing disaffection from Queen Katherine, who is the influential Spanish monarch's aunt; Henry comes face-to-face with the seductive Anne Boleyn for the first time.
- 4. Episode 4April 21, 200758minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishDespite being named Defender of the Faith by the Pope, Henry begins to scheme to replace his queen with the more desirable Anne Boleyn; court intrigues involving Princess Margaret and plots against Cardinal Wolsey intensify.
- 5. Episode 5April 28, 200755minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishHenry is stunned by a reversal in his alliance with Charles V and forced to look elsewhere for European support, while an insulted Anne Boleyn refuses his offer of permanent mistress status, inflaming his desire to marry her.
- 6. Episode 6May 5, 200757minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishAn increasingly confident Henry grows dissatisfied with the Catholic Church's progress with his petition for an annulment of his marriage, making Cardinal Wolsey further vulnerable to conspirators.
- 7. Episode 7May 12, 200756minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishEngland is struck down with food shortages and a plague outbreak, forcing the normally buoyant Henry to doubt his future and abilities - but a sudden change in fortunes is on the horizon.
- 8. Episode 8May 19, 200755minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishA special envoy from the Pope arrives to hear Henry's petition regarding the legitimacy of his marriage; the fate of Cardinal Wolsey's career, the king's romance with Anne Boleyn, and the nation's relationship with Rome hang in the balance.
- 9. Episode 9June 2, 200751minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishThe fall from grace and power of Cardinal Wolsey is fast and merciless, with the one-time Lord Chancellor stripped of authority and influence. His replacement is an unusual choice: the morally righteous Sir Thomas More.
- 10. Episode 10June 9, 200754minTV-MASubtitlesEnglish [CC]Audio languagesEnglishIn the season finale, a disgraced Cardinal Wolsey tries one last, desperate gambit to resurrect his career by allying himself with the similarly fallen Queen Katherine, but the king's new advisors learn of their plot.
- Ciaran DonnellyJeremy PodeswaDearbhla WalshSteve ShillBrian KirkAlison MacleanCharles McDougallJon AmielColm McCarthy
- James Flynn
- Season year
- Content advisory
- Nuditysexual contentviolence substance use alcohol use foul language
- Purchase rights
- Stream instantly Details
- Prime Video (streaming online video)
- Available to watch on supported devices
4.7 out of 5 stars
3963 global ratings
- 84% of reviews have 5 stars
- 7% of reviews have 4 stars
- 4% of reviews have 3 stars
- 2% of reviews have 2 stars
- 4% of reviews have 1 stars