The Tinderbox: Soldier of Indira Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- "An amazingly prescient tale from one of the finest storytellers I know, The Tinder Box is an otherworldly adventure combining a much-loved fable with the sweep and grandeur of a startling, science-fiction epic."--Craig Johnson, NYT Bestselling author of the Walt Longmire Mysteries
- "A wonderful mashup of Stars Wars, Game of Thrones, and one of Hans Christian Andersen's most complex fairy tales. An added bonus? Yvonne Phillips's haunting, beautiful illustrations."--Chris Bohjalian, NYT Bestselling author of The Flight Attendant
- "A breathtaking, prodigious, and astonishing journey worth sharing."--Nerds and Beyond
- "These are the heroes we need right now. Not perfect and flawless, but humble, learning, growing heroes who hold on to their belief in doing what's right."--Sci-Fi & Scary
- "Plenty of twists and turns throughout... It is the kind of book that once you start reading, it's very difficult to put it down."--Geeks of Color
- "An entertaining whirlwind of a story."--Fresh Fiction
From School Library Journal
- ASIN : B081X9SLBM
- Publisher : Aethon Books (October 20, 2020)
- Publication date : October 20, 2020
- Language : English
- File size : 8608 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 308 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #114,158 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was right to purchase this book. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. As a YA novel, it hits all the right tropes and the action is fast enough to keep me invested in it. I found myself rooting for the hero and the ending did not disappoint. As a YA novel I give it five stars.
I do wish Phillips had gone all the way into a harder, more adult sci-fi or fantasy novel. He is nearly there, and a with a little more effort, this could have been a great sci-fi/fantasy read, which is hard to come by these days. As SF/Fantasy I would only give it 4 stars. Still a very good read and a great first effort!
Thank you Mr Phillips. More, Please!
I had read/heard that the story was a fairy tale that takes place in space and automatically assumed that it was a retelling of some old story that had been dusted off and given a new grand backdrop of stars and sky, (because currently, retellings seem to be all the rage among fantasy authors.) But! No! To my surprise and delight I discovered a new, completely original piece of literary fiction! A story that can stand up to the test of time, and be rated right up there with the classics!
This is a classic story of star crossed lovers, and the need to set their worlds aright! A story of an age old prophecy... with space ships and guns, castles and swords, superstition and secrets... You might wonder why Lou Diamond Phillips isn't narrating his marvelous tale, but in an interview, he pointed out that the book needed more voices, and RC Bray and Julia Whelan were simply fantastic choices for the narration. They ran with Lou's wonderful tale, all the way to the finish line!
This is the first time I've listened and simultaneously read the Kindle version, just because! And I didn't want to miss the great illustrations included in the book!
5 Gold Stars all Around!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2 Thumbs Up... WAY UP! 👍👍
You get the idea! 😊
If you liked the old folktale, read the retelling. It's just as good as the original!