Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Vanessa Green Allen M.Ed. NBCT
Vanessa is a former second-grade teacher, and she has worked for the Wake County Public School System since 1991. She is a 2009 National Board Certified teacher in the area of school counseling. Vanessa is also the creator and voice of SavvySchoolCounselor.com, where she shares ideas and resources with school counselors across the globe.
Customers Also Bought Items By
When a big feeling comes along…you can handle it!
Sometimes, emotions like anger or jealousy or excitement can seem too big to keep inside. Me and My Feelings is here to tell you: It’s okay to have big feelings. And the good news is, you can calm down those strong emotions—so you won’t feel like you’re going to explode!
This book shows you how to stay in control—by breathing deeply, saying positive things to yourself, talking about your feelings, and more. You’ll learn to deal with all kind of feelings, including the hard ones like sadness, anxiety, or even fear.
Inside Me and My Feelings, you’ll find:
- Everyone has emotions—When you understand your own emotions and feelings, you can also be understanding of other people’s—like your family and friends.
- Ideas that help—This book is packed with ways to help you handle your feelings. Try out the exercises to see which tips and tricks work best for you!
- Quizzes and activities—Get to know yourself with quizzes like “Do My Emotions Rule Me?,” along with other fun exercises and activities especially for kids ages 7-10.
With Me and My Feelings, the next time your big feelings get too big—you’ll know just what to do!
The No More Bullying Book for Kids is your child’s guide to build the skills and resilience to confidently handle bullying whenever or wherever it occurs.
Bullying has become a common problem for kids. Yet, many may not know what bullying actually is or what to do if it happens to them. The No More Bullying Book for Kids gives kids the information they need to identify bullying, followed by strategies for dealing with specific situations when they or someone they know is being bullied.
The No-More Bullying Book for Kids addresses the various forms of bullying that occur in today’s world and includes:
- An overview of bullying to help kids understand what bullying is, possible reasons why people bully others, and the different types of bullying—physical, verbal, emotional, and cyber
- Practical tips for specific words and actions kids can use to deal with bullies, as well as advice for getting help from others when they need it
- Strategies for becoming “bully proof” which focus on helping kids build the resilience to bounce back from bullying
- Real-world examples and anecdotes that illustrate a variety of real-life bullying instances and encourage kids to practice making judgment calls
Written by professional school counselor Vanessa Green Allen, The No-More Bullying Book for Kids puts the power back in kids hands with tools that will give them confidence in the face of bullying and help them feel really good about who they are—which is all that actually matters.