Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Vikas Bhushan
Customers Also Bought Items By
First Aid™ remains the most trusted name in USMLE® review—just ask any medical student!
- A complete framework for USMLE Step 1 preparation, annually updated with crowdsourced contributions from thousands of students
- Updated exam preparation advice for USMLE Step 1 pass/fail, Step 1 blueprint changes, and COVID-19 impacts
- New section on communication skills reflects the latest Step 1 content
- New focus on diversity, equity and inclusion incorporates race and ethnic considerations, as well as gender neutral terminology
- Nearly 1,400 must-know topics with mnemonics to focus your study
- 1,200+ color photos and illustration—170+ new or revised—help you visualize processes, disorders, and clinic findings
- Rapid Review section for efficient last-minute preparation
- Bonus material and real-time updates exclusively at FirstAidTeam.com
The expert author team that guided students to success on the USMLE® Step 1 presents the latest edition of this skill-sharpening review for the USMLE® Step 2 CK. With an easy-to-follow bulleted presentation of must-know diseases and disorders, this one-of-a-kind study companion offers the most current overview of all core areas on the boards. Included is a host of learning tools, from key facts and mnemonics to full-color illustrations and proven test-taking strategies—everything students need to pass the exam with flying colors.
•Co-written by students who excelled on the recent exam and reviewed by top faculty •Concise summaries of more than 1,000 commonly tested clinical topics for fast, high-yield study•Key Facts and mnemonics reinforce must-know concepts•Expert coverage of best initial steps in diagnosis and management •Updated Rapid Review section facilitates last-minute cramming•Hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations •Revised study and test-taking strategies•A completely updated listing of top-rated review sources
INSIDER ADVICE FOR STUDENTS FROM STUDENTS
STRONG FOCUS ON TEST-RELEVANT MATERIAL MAXIMIZES YOUR STUDY TIME!
First Aid for the USMLE® Step 3, Fifth Edition provides busy residents with thousands of high-yield facts, mnemonics, and full-color visual aids to help them pass the last of the required USMLE® examinations. Also included are the reader-acclaimed “mini-cases” designed to help residents pass the case portion of the examination. First Aid for the USMLE® Step 3, Fifth Edition is carefully written to focus on high-yield, top-priority information, most likely to be included on the exam.
•The resident’s trusted, one-stop guide to acing the Step 3—written by residents and reviewed by faculty for accuracy•Packed with proven test-taking strategies based on the 2-day exam•Concise, high-yield format highlights board-relevant information•100 cases prepare you for the case portion of the exam•Renewed emphasis on integrated pathophysiology, plus diagnosis and management “next steps”•More study-enhancing, vignette-style “flash cards” and full-color clinical images•Resident-tested tips and shortcuts for the CCS•And more!
The #1 review for the USMLE Step 2 CS is now even better!
The Sixth Edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS has been updated to reflect the latest NBME exam format and worksheet items, and incorporates feedback from recent US and international test-takers. This high-yield review delivers a thorough exam preparation guide for the USMLE Step 2 CS, offering a solid review of frequently test CS cases, along with proven study and exam strategies for clinical encounters.
• 40 full-length practice cases that simulate the real exam
• Time management advice to maximize clinical encounters.
• Step-by-step strategies for interacting with standardized patients, including "difficult patients" and telephone encounters.
• A revised and expanded set of mini-cases representing common complaints designed to help test-takers rapidly develop a working set of differential diagnoses
THE ULTIMATE PRIMER FOR THE CORE CLERKSHIPS, NOW IN FULL COLOR!
- Everything you need to know to score strong clerkship evaluations
- Preparation for every core rotation: medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, neurology, psychiatry, and emergency medicine
- Answers to commonly asked "pimp" questions
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations clarify essential concepts and improve retention
- Advice on presenting cases to attendings
- How-to guides for common procedures
- High-yield facts on the diagnosis and treatment of common diseases
- Sample patient notes, clipboard and note-card patient templates
- Updated student ratings of popular clinical handbooks, review books, reference texts, and electronic products
A STUDENT-TO-STUDENT GUIDE TO THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SURVIVING THE WARDS--DON'T START THE CLINICAL YEARS WITHOUT READING THIS BOOK!
APPLY THE PROVEN FIRST AID FORMULA FOR CLERKSHIP SUCCESS!
The best-selling USMLE Step 2 CS review book--now completely updated to reflect the latest exam format!
- 44 full-length practice cases that simulate the real exam--including pediatric and telephone interviews as well as suggested closing statements for each case
- A revised and expanded set of minicases representing common complaints, designed to help you rapidly develop a set of differential diagnoses
- Updated content based on feedback from recent U.S. and international test takers
- Step-by-step strategies for interacting with standardized patients, including "difficult patients"
- Detailed descriptions of high-yield physical exam maneuvers that will win you points without costing time
- Time management advice to maximize your clinical encounters
- Proven study and exam strategies from students who passed the exam
From the authors who helped you pass Step 1, this is your high-yield review for the USMLE Step 2 CK. Completely revised to cover all core areas on the boards, including information on newly tested patient safety and quality improvement topics, First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK: Ninth Edition features:
- High-yield, bulleted presentation of diseases and disorders you need to remember
- Integrated flash-facts in margins test your knowledge at the point of learning
- Embedded case vignettes test your application of knowledge
- Key facts and mnemonics reinforce essential information
- Rapid-review section for last-minute cramming
- Includes hundreds of color clinical images and illustrations
Market: US medical students (18,500/yr.) and foreign medical graduates (12,500/yr.) preparing for the USMLE Step 2 CK
About the Author: Tao Le, MD (Louisville, KY) and Vikas Bhushan, MD
The eighth edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CK is written by medical students who successfully passed the exam and reviewed by top faculty. The result is proven information and strategies that maximize your study time and deliver the results you want!
-Thousands of must-know facts that summarize frequently tested topics
-Completely updated based on feedback from students who passed
-120+ photographs similar to those on the exam
-Full-color design includes numerous clinical images
-Rapid Review section for last-minute cramming
-Updated ratings of Step 2 CK review resources
• The resident’s trusted, one-stop guide to acing the Step 3—written by residents and reviewed by faculty for accuracy
• Packed with proven test-taking strategies for the newly revised, 2-day exam
• Concise, high-yield format highlights board-relevant information
• Renewed emphasis on integrated pathophysiology, plus diagnosis and management “next steps”
• 100 mini-cases ideally prepare you for the case portion of the exam
• More study-enhancing, vignette-style “flash cards” and full-color clinical images
• Resident-tested tips and shortcuts for the CCS
• And more!
THE “BIBLE” FOR USMLE STEP 1 PREP—AND THE ULTIMATE TOOL FOR ORGANIZING YOUR STUDY!
This annually updated review delivers a comprehensive collection of high-yield facts and mnemonics that pinpoint exactly what students need to know to pass the exam. Co-authored by medical students who recently took the boards, it provides a complete framework to help students prepare for the most stressful exam of their careers.
• 1,200+ high-yield facts based on student reporting from the last exam
• Test-taking advice with focus on high-efficiency studying
• Updated in all subject areas based on feedback from thousands of students
• Extensive faculty review process with nationally known USMLE instructors
• 1,000+ color photos and diagrams help you visualize high-yield concepts
• Expanded guide to top-rated study resources, including mobile apps
• Free real-time updates and corrections at www.firstaidteam.com
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
SCORE YOUR HIGHEST ON THE USMLE® STEP 1 WITH HELP FROM THE WORLD’S MOST POPULAR MEDICAL REVIEW BOOK
An unmatched collection of more than 1,300 must-know facts and mnemonics provide a complete framework for your USMLE® preparation and coursework!
This annually updated review delivers a comprehensive collection of high-yield facts and mnemonics that pinpoint exactly what you need to know to pass the exam. Co-authored by medical students who recently took the boards, it provides a complete framework to help you prepare for the most stressful exam of your career.
Here's why this is the ultimate USMLE Step 1 review:•A complete framework for USMLE® Step 1 preparation, annually updated with crowdsourced contributions from thousands of students •Written by students who excelled on their Step 1 exam and reviewed by top faculty for accuracy•1,300 must-know topics with mnemonics to focus your study•1,000+ color photos and illustrations – 100 new or revised -- help you visualize processes, disorders, and clinical findings•Student-proven study and exam prep tips backed by learning science•Reorganized Rapid Review section for efficient, last-minute preparation•Revised and expanded recommendations for high-yield print and digital study resources s•Bonus material and real-time updates exclusively at FirstAidTeam.com