Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Vinay Kumar
The author or co-author of five pathology textbooks and teaching aids - the best-known of which is Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease - Dr. Kumar has published more than 100 original articles in scientific journals, a dozen book chapters, and nearly 20 review articles. He has lectured throughout the U.S. and Europe, has served on the editorial boards of several journals, including the Journal of Immunology, and recently completed his term as president of the American Society of Investigative Pathology.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Dependable, current, and complete, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition is the perennially best-selling text that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. A world-class author team headed by Drs. Vinay Kumar, Abul Abbas, and Jon Aster, delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.
- Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
- Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases.
- Gain a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
Part of the trusted Robbins and Cotran family, Robbins Basic Pathology provides a readable, well-illustrated and concise overview of the principles of human pathology that's ideal for today's busy students. This thoroughly revised edition continues with a strong emphasis on pathogenesis and the clinical features of disease, adding new artwork and more schematic diagrams to further aid in summarizing key pathologic processes and expand the already impressive illustration program.
- Excellent art program boasts high-quality photomicrographs, gross photos, and radiologic images to supplement the world-class illustrations.
- Bulleted summary boxes provide quick access to key information and easy review of key concepts.
- Highlights pathogenesis, morphology, and pathophysiologic content throughout.
- Includes increased and updated clinical topics.
- New artwork and more schematic diagrams summarize key pathologic processes.
Robbins Basic Pathology delivers the pathology knowledge you need, the way you need it, from the name you can trust! This medical textbook’s unbeatable author team helps you efficiently master the core concepts you need to know for your courses and USMLE exams.
- Get a rich understanding of all essential pathology concepts with expert guidance from an all-star editorial team.
- Grasp the connections between basic science and clinical medicine with clinicopathologic correlations throughout.
- Take your learning farther with targeted therapy boxes, clinical cases, virtual microscope slides, and self-assessment questions online!
- Learn core concepts quickly and efficiently with a highly templated design that highlights pathogenesis and morphology.
- New interior design with a more modern look
- Artwork revised and updated for a more modern look and more three-dimensional feel
- Targeted Therapy boxes included in online text - provides clinical information on appropriate therapy related to the disease under discussion
- All photomicrographs and gross photos reviewed and improved to ensure excellent quality
Punti di forza
Alcuni dei 10 capitoli in cui è suddiviso il libro sono stati aggiornati e riscritti: in particolare il capitolo 3 con nuove informazioni sulla biologia cellulare e sui fattori di crescita; il capitolo 5 con dati recenti sulla diagnosi molecolare che riflette le nuove conoscenze fondamentali per lo studio di malattie come cancro e diabete; il capitolo 9 che fa il punto sulla sempre maggiore importanza del fattore ambientale nello sviluppo delle varie patologie.
L’opera è corredata da oltre 800 figure a colori.di alta qualità.