Price set by seller.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing "Send link," you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles Kindle Edition
- ASIN : B000SF9PQC
- Publisher : Thomas Nelson (March 12, 2006)
- Publication date : March 12, 2006
- Language : English
- File size : 2764 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 221 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #208,872 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The first part is about recognizing who is against us and our Christian walk and what methods that enemy uses to get at our hearts, minds, emotions, will, etc.
Then the book covers the Armor of God, what it really is, how we use it and how it is designed to help us in the offense and defense our our spiritual lives.
Lastly the book covers some other key ways to protect you and your family from the enemy that seeks to destory us. Some practical methods are provided with a focus on aspects of prayer and how to pray for you and your loved ones so we all "stand firm and resist the devil."
How I rate Christian books:
1) Is the majority of the book content I can use (great) or can the material be condensed down to a page or two with the rest as filler stories to support the minimalist points in the book (ack! please no!)?
This book falls into the first and preferred book form that I like to read. There are some stories but they are rare, pointed and brief. Thank you Mr. Stanley for getting to the point and making it clear!
2) As a Christian book does it use scripture throughout, repeatedly or are vague quotes given that sound like scripture but you aren't sure because no verse reference is given or footnote to a bibliograpy provided?
Again this book hits a big win with providing Scripture to support the claims made. It provides the reference and often times the actual verse too. The last "Christian" book I read (something titled Wild at Heart) didn't have its first solid page of scripture till pg 96 out of 200. Makes you wonder. . .
3) Does the author stick to one or two "literal" translations or switch to many different versions of a Scripture to prove a point when its obvious other versions don't necessarily say that exact same thing?
Again this book sticks with one or two mainstream versions and doesn't find obscure versions so the author can just make a point that doesn't exist in Scripture or can easily be taken out of context based on the obscure version used.
4) Was I left with practical and theologically sound information or theoretical, pep-talk propaganda that makes me feel good but I'm still vague on what I should do next in my life?
Again the theology seemed balance and well presented, especially with such a sensitive topic that is often taken to one extreme or the other. The advice given can be followed by anyone and are Scripturally based. I now have some direction on how to better prepare myself to win the spiritual battles ahead and bring my family along for the victory in Christ Jesus.
Overall, this is one of the best Christian topic books I've ever read.
Top reviews from other countries
I have gained so much wisdom reading this, at a difficult time in my life. Highly recommended.
If this book did not come my way when it did, my life would be a big mess today!