|Digital List Price:||$24.99|
|Kindle Price:|| $11.99 |
Save $13.00 (52%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Follow the Author
Wonder Art Workshop: Creative Child-Led Experiences for Nurturing Imagination, Curiosity, and a Love of Learning Kindle Edition
The author's wonder-based approach reflects and synthesizes several child-centered educational movements, including Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, and Montessori.
Become a catalyst for cultivating your child’s curious mind through these steps and activities, which start with art and apply to other subjects, including science and literacy:
- Take stock for your wonder journey with helpful guidance on collecting materials, preparing a space, and nurturing the process while allowing children to make independent choices.
- Harness curiosity through a collection of sensory-based activities that use a variety of loose parts and other creative materials for open-ended play.
- Encourage experimentation by unleashing your child’s inner alchemist with “potion trays” they can use to mix color, create fizzing concoctions, make play dough, and more.
- Unlock literacy play with activities that inspire children to imagine and create their own characters, structures, and landscapes.
About the Author
Sally Haughey is the founder and CEO of Fairy Dust Teaching (fairydustteaching.com), a company committed to the growth and empowerment of teachers through professional development with a focus on child-centered education. Sally began developing her wonder-based approach while still an early childhood educator herself and, after 20 years of successfully teaching in various school settings, made the jump several years ago to full-time provider of professional child-centered development for educators, committing herself to what she loves most: inspiring teachers. Her most recent online manual, The Wonder-Based Teaching Start-Up Guide, was downloaded more than 7,000 times within the first 3 weeks of its release. In addition, Sally has received significant international interest in her program, and has consulted with schools and educational groups in China, Vietnam, and Greece. She lives in Groton, Massachusetts.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- ASIN : B07Y2H7FTS
- Publisher : Quarry Books (November 12, 2019)
- Publication date : November 12, 2019
- Language : English
- File size : 48847 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 160 pages
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #591,995 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 16, 2021