Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Follow the Author
Workbook for Complex PTSD by Pete Walker : From Surviving to Thriving Kindle Edition
Genius Reads is wholly responsible for this content and isn't associated with the author in any way. Text Copyright © Genius Reads
Note to Readers:
This is an Unofficial Workbook for "Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving" by Pete Walker designed to enrich your reading experience.
Workbook for Complex PTSD by Pete Walker
Psychotherapist and general practitioner Pete Walker followed up The Tao of Fully Feeling with his new book Complex PTSD as a further exploration into how we respond to childhood trauma and what we can do to limit its effects as we develop.
Complex PTSD draws on Walker's own traumatic upbringing as well as his experiences as a counselor for over 30 years. It is a broad overview of the characteristics of complex PTSD and offers many practical tips on how we can manage personal trauma. The book is partly written for those who have suffered trauma, and those who seek to treat it.
In this Workbook for Complex PTSD we have sought to highlight the main learning outcomes of the book and dissect them for greater accessibility for the layman. We have done this by offering multiple learning styles with detailed summaries, lessons, and goals, plus bulleted checklists and action plans to aid the reader in metabolizing the points of the book.
Throughout the book you will find:
These summaries are concise overviews of each chapter, drawing key themes and learning outcomes. Within them you’ll discover:
- The key themes of each chapter that Pete Walker is keen to get across.
- Insights into how PTSD manifests.
- Examinations of the ideas that the authors put forward in the book
Activities based on some of the key ideas and approaches put forward by the authors.
- Stocktaking lessons that allow the reader to respond to the arguments put forward by the author
- Points of reflection for the reader to think about their own responses to traumatic events.
- Opportunities for discussion on how we might divest ourselves of traumatic behavior.
A brief dissection of the main idea of each chapter:
- A concise overview of the main themes that the author put forward in each chapter.
- Important features and context for the chapters.
- Breakdown of the issue that the author is keen to get across.
These bullet-pointed lists include:
- Distilled concepts regarding trauma response
- Breakdowns of up to date thinking on the treatment of PTSD
- Plans and strategies on how we might apply this information
This is a chance for the reader to make long term plans to adopt a more purposeful life. Ideas include:
- Suggestions and ideas for how the reader might engage with trauma recovery
- Long-term plans for the individual on how they can rid themselves of the inner critic.
- Questions one should ask when engaging with looking for a therapist.
If you want to understand the life long effects of abuse and how they can be subdued then click buy now and find out how you can recover from 'Complex PTSD' .
- ASIN : B09J8Y9D3Q
- Publication date : October 11, 2021
- Language : English
- File size : 610 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Unlimited
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Not Enabled
- Print length : 74 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Buy Walker’s book. It is worth the read. This? Save your cash. And your time.