|Brand Name||Yamaha Audio|
|Item Weight||50 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 22 x 18 inches|
|Item model number||YHT-5950UBL|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required.|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Output Wattage||150 Watts|
Yamaha YHT-5950U 5.1-Channel Home Theater System with MusicCast
- Your Purchase Includes: 1 Wi-Fi enabled home theater in a box system with a music cast AV receiver, 5 wired speakers, a subwoofer and speaker wire in a single package
- Clear, powerful 5; 1 Channel surround sound; 4K Ultra HD HDMI (4 in/1 out) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Easy setup with Yamaha YPAO room optimization and flexible speaker placement options, including virtual cinema front
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplay 2, Spotify connect and Music Cast multi room; Music Cast Surround Capable: Add Music Cast 20 speakers to create a 5.1-channel setup with wireless rear surrounds
- Add Music Cast 20 speakers to create a 5.1-channel setup with wireless rear surrounds (Sold separately)
- Spotify, Pandora, Sirius internet radio, TIDAL, Deeper, Napster and more. System Frequency Response - 28Hz–25kHz. Impedance - 6 ohms (without subwoofer)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
YHT-5950 Home Theater System with MusicCast
This Wi-Fi-enabled 5.1-channel home theater system includes a MusicCast AV receiver, five speakers, a subwoofer and speaker wire in a single package that brings together the best of cinematic sound with versatile streaming capabilities.
Balanced Sound Experience
This 5.1-channel home theater system comes with an AV receiver and a speaker package to deliver a clear, balanced sound for any listening experience.
4K Ultra HD HDMI Support
The AV receiver in this package delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass-through and supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
Stream It All
Equipped with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect, this system allows you to connect with your music for a seamless listening experience.
Worlds of Music
Explore worlds of music with built-in music streaming services. Sync your playlists and discover music from your smart device with your AV receiver.
Add MusicCast wireless speakers in other rooms and enjoy sound everywhere. Download the MusicCast Controller app to get started.
Wireless Surround Capable
Use two optional MusicCast 20 speakers to get rear surround sound without running wires to the back of the room.
YPAO Room Optimization
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyzes the room acoustics and precisely adjusts the audio to provide the best sound for your room.
A Touch of Class
Even without surround speakers behind you, you can enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with all of the speakers placed in the front of the room.
Compare with similar items
Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System
Rockville HTS56 1000w 5.1 Channel Home Theater System/Bluetooth/USB+8" Subwoofer
Pyle 5.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System - 300W Bluetooth Surround Sound Audio Stereo Power Receiver Box Set w/ Built-in Subwoofer, 5 Speakers, Remote, FM Radio, RCA - PT589BT,Black
Pioneer HTP-071 5.1 Channel Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||JRsourcing||Audiosavings||Amazon.com||SupremeElectronics|
|Item Dimensions||23 x 22 x 18 inches||11.8 x 11.8 x 13.3 inches||17.3 x 17.7 x 22.3 inches||16.3 x 15 x 11.8 inches||17.8 x 20 x 26.3 inches|
|Output Wattage||150.00 watts||—||1000.00 watts||—||600.00 watts|
|Surround Sound Channel Configuration||5.1||1.0||5.1 channel||5.1||5.1 channel|
Yamaha Audio YHT-5950U 4K Ultra HD 5. Channel Home Theater System with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Music Cast. Works with Alexa.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tip: When setting up, make sure to configure your speakers using the included YPAO microphone! Just place it to your desired listening area and start the process. This sets your speakers to the correct level and distance. This is a must and you can always tweak settings after setup.
The integration with Wifi, the app you can download to your smart phone, and the integration with Alexa... has made this even more fun to operate. I can control it from any room that I have Alexa, or connection to Wifi with the app. I just wished that when I tell Alexa to increase the volume, I could say... Set volume to 40% (a specific value). Having it go up one notch ever time makes it useless to change volume that way.
The sound is fantastic. I like having total control over each speaker. I've only had it about a month, so time will tell how the reliability and longevity of the system is.
Instructions how to connect a Sennheiser wireless headset to cable box and Firestick:
1. Connect an HDMI cable to a vacant HDMI port on the back of the Yamaha receiver.
2. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the extractor OUT.
3. Connect the Firestick, etc., to the extractor IN.
4. Connect a 2-Male to 1-Female Stereo RCA Plug Y Splitter Adapter Cable to the cable box and one to the extractor (for both the "red" and "white;" which means the customer will need two Y Splitters)
5. Plug in the “red” and “white” cables from the Sennheiser to the appropriate place on the Adapter Cable, allowing the customer to listen to both stereo speakers and the headset simultaneously without cancelling out the other.
6. NOTE: Numbers 4 and 5 may require a different Y Splitter depending upon connections.