3 Year Electronics Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Power surge covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Yamaha WX-021 MusicCast 20 Wireless Speaker, Alexa Voice Control, White
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
- Fits any space and style of room, even wall Mountable
- Stream your favorite music through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplay or Spotify connect
- Completes your wireless MusicCast stereo or multi-room setup. Stream and control multiple rooms with the MusicCast app for iOS and Android
- MusicCast stereo/surround-capable. Add a pair to a MusicCast surround-capable AV receiver to provide wireless Surrounds for a 5.1-Channel home theater system
- Voice control with Alexa via any echo device
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
MusicCast 20 Wireless Speaker
The small wireless speaker that’s great on its own or as a part of a wireless MusicCast stereo, home theater or multi-room audio setup. Works with Amazon Alexa.
What Will Your MusicCast Be?
Get Music in Your Whole House
Use multiple MusicCast speakers to play music throughout your whole home. Stream and control multiple rooms with the MusicCast app for iOS, Android.
Create a Home Theater
Add a pair to a MusicCast Surround-capable AV receiver to provide wireless surrounds for a 5.1-channel home theater experience.
Create a Home Stereo
Pair two MusicCast 20 speakers to create a space-saving yet powerful setup.
Add More Bass
Add a MusicCast SUB 100 for a bass boost.
Use your Alexa or Google Assistant devices or Siri via AirPlay 2 to listen to music without lifting a finger.
Down to Stream
The MusicCast app lets you stream popular music services and listen to downloads or music from your computer or other devices.
Connect with Your Music
Play to your MusicCast 20 speaker through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, AirPlay 2 or Spotify Connect. The choice is yours.
Introducing the MusicCast 20 Wireless Speaker
Compare with similar items
Yamaha WX-021 MusicCast 20 Wireless Speaker, Alexa Voice Control, Black
Yamaha MusicCast 50 multi-room audio powered speaker (white)
Yamaha MusicCast 50 mulit-room audio powered speaker (black)
Polk Audio Omni S6 Wireless Wi-Fi Music Streaming Speaker with Play-Fi (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Item Dimensions||5.20 x 5.90 x 7.90 inches||5.20 x 5.90 x 7.90 inches||7.88 x 15.75 x 4.88 inches||7.90 x 15.80 x 4.90 inches||12.46 x 5.88 x 8.74 inches|
|Item Weight||4.80 pounds||4.80 pounds||9.90 pounds||9.90 pounds||7.02 ounces|
The MusicCast 20 makes your music and movies more enjoyable - maybe in ways you never imagined. it's a perfect fit for any space, any decor, and can even be wall-mounted. Pair two together to create a powerful wireless stereo sound. The MusicCast app makes your MusicCast 20 even more versatile. Add a pair to a MusicCast surround-capable AV receiver to provide wireless Surrounds for a 5.1-Channel home theater system. Or listen to music in any room in your home with a MusicCast multi-room setup. Voice control with Alexa through any echo device adds more flexibility for your life.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is what I have learned. The wireless speaker will have a noticeable delay in the music when it is connected to an analog input. I have my Amazon Alexa connected to the Yamaha stereo via standard red/white rca plugs. This does not work. I have spent countless hours trying to get support from Yamaha (that is a nightmare in itself. Hour on hold to get disconnected, twice, etc). When Yamaha finally called me back (great guy named Ken that was awesome. wish he was easier to get to) we spent some time figuring it out and concluded that you must use a digital input for the wireless speaker to be in sync with the wired speakers.
What does this mean? If you connect Alexa to the receiver, you must use Bluetooth to connect to the stereo. Do not connect with RCA cables, it will not work.
Hope this saves someone some time.
If you connect Alexa to a yamaha reciever to connnect with a musiccast speaker along with your wired speakers, you have to use bluetooth to connect the two or it will not work.
As per Yamaha technical support, when the 20s are being used as wireless surrounds, the receiver creates its own connection to them in order to transmit the audio, the wired/wireless networkconnection is only used to control the power and volume, so signal strength / throughout is of minimal impact (!)
Therefore, if you are experiencing audio dropouts in surround mode, you need to make sure that the antennas on the rear of the receiver are vertical, and that there is nothing blocking the path to the surrounds.
Also, there is a DFS option in the MusicCast app that when enabled has the receiver perform some channel hopping during link establishment so that it can find the clearest channel on which to transmit the audio signals.
I was as surprised as anyone to discover this, but having tested it myself it seems to be the case.
I spent many hours futzing with wired/wireless network settings to my surrounds before I got this info, so I suggest anyone with similar issues try this out.
Hope that helps.
(1) It was ridiculously hard to get the MusicCast 20 speaker linked by wireless to my Yamaha V475 receiver. It took me two days, with intense Googling for suggestions from forums and from the Yamaha site. The instructions that came with the speaker were all but useless. Eventually I found a forum post telling me that if I plugged an ethernet cable into the speaker and linked it into the MusicCast system, then I could remove the cable and the wireless would work.
(2) Now I found out that the Yamaha MuisciCast software would not allow me to add a single unpaired MuisciCast 20 speaker for surround sound. It could run as a mono satellite room speaker, but it couldn't be linked in the surround. Yamaha wanted to force me to buy the pair, or to buy the single MusicCast 50 speaker which functions as a pair within a single housing.
(3) So I thought I'd try just using it as a side speaker with lower volume to round out the sound. And now I learned that the sound from the MuiscCast 20 is extremely muddy and blurred. I was comparing to a Bowers & Wilkins M1, which costs slightly more than the Yamaha MusicCast 20. I'm using the Bowers & Wilkins M1 as my cetner speaker. The difference between the sound qualities is like day and night.
(4) After I returned the Yamaha MusicCast 20 for a refund, I found that the process had trashed the lip sync on my receiver, making the audio lag behind the video. I fixed this by doing a "factory reset" procedure to restore the Yamaha receiver's settings, and then customizing it back to the way it had been before the MusicCast 20 fiasco.
Be certain your wifi has good coverage.
The older systems were hard to pair but the Musicast 20 I set up in less than 5 minutes. It fills a dead space i had in my dining room. Be sure you know why you want to use this speaker. It can pair as a stereo or as surround speaker with specific amps and drivers. Be sure you know the capacity of your equipment before you ask this speaker to perform a task it was not designed to perform.
I love the app and all it can do. Sit and work with all three of the apps available to get your setup personalized or just use the Musicast App it will work great
The new firmware and components work great if you have satisfactory wifi. I have a 6500 square foot house and it works great. I am looking for more places to put them.