ZENY Electronic Digital Refrigerant Charging Weight Scale for HVAC A/C 220 Lbs with Case
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Three display modes: kgs, lbs and oz. Digital Charging Scale Capacity to 220 pounds (100 kilograms)
- Extra large LCD display with background lamp. Slip-Resistant 9" x 9" weighing Platform.
- Built-in memory remembers previous reading. Flexible long coil design
- Rugged, compact design, completely portable. Made of high quality plastic & metal material, durable and sturdy. High accuracy and resolution
- Good for all sized popular refrigerant tanks. Come with Hard Plastic Carrying Case
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Elitech LMC-100F Digital Refrigerant Charging Weight Scale HVAC Scale 110Lbs with Case
Elitech LMC-100A Digital Refrigerant Charging Weight Scale Freon Scale for HVAC 220Lbs with Case
Robinair TIF9010A Slimline Refrigerant Electronic Charging/Recover Scale
Elitech WJL-6000 Freon Leak Detector Halogen Leak Detector Refrigerant Gas HVAC R22 R410A R134A R1234YF CFCs HCFCs HFCs Detector High Accuracy
Aain LX36575D High Accuracy A/C Electronic Digital Refrigerant Charging Weight Scale with Case for HVAC 220lbs
|Sold By||ZENY Direct||Elitech Technology||Elitech Technology||Amazon.com||Elitech Technology||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||16.34 x 2.76 x 11.81 inches||3.30 x 17.60 x 12.64 inches||3.00 x 18.50 x 18.50 inches||11.20 x 16.00 x 2.40 inches||1.37 x 1.37 x 5.90 inches||12.00 x 3.00 x 17.00 inches|
A Refrigerant Charging Scale is ideal for HVAC and refrigeration service, including the critical charging of small refrigeration systems. This Refrigerant Charge Scale offers the highest accuracy of +/-0.25oz.(5grams.), delivering dependability to get the job done right. The slip resistant platform handles all types of refrigerant cylinders with ease. It's really an ideal tool for recharging and recovering all types of refrigerants.
High capacity: 220lbs.(100kg)
Three display modes: kgs, lbs and oz.
Extra large LCD display with background lamp
Slip-Resistant 9" x 9" weighing Platform
Built-in memory remembers previous reading
Flexible long coil design
Rugged, compact design, completely portable
High accuracy and resolution
Can be used with all refrigerants
Heavy duty carrying case included
Capacity: 220lbs. (100kg)
Accuracy: +/- 0.5% of reading
Resolution: 5g /0.010lbs./0.25oz.
Power: 9V DC
Operation temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
Platform size: 9" x 9"
Overall dimension: 9" x 9" x 1 1/2"
1 x Refrigerant Charging Scale
1 x Heavy-duty Carrying Case
1 x User's Manual
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. What is the overall build quality? I would call it "first rate China export". Most significantly, the body of the scale itself is diecast metal, not plastic. It feels substantial and is well finished in black powder-coat. The rubber coil cord appears to be of a type of material that will not rapidly decay. (Many folks buying imported items have experienced seriously inferior rubber products - which quickly fall to shred, even when merely stored away) This coil cord does not appear to suffer from that problem. The display / control module itself is injection molded plastic, but is sturdy and well made. The display is large and clear, and well backlit. Controls are basic and simple, but clear enough to make immediate sense to an average pro-sumer / handyman user. The injection molded carrying case is typical Chinese blow-mold fare, (again "A import grade"...so not quite USA grade 1, but not Harbor Freight ultra-cheap either.)
2. Functional issues? As I tried to find meaningful reviews on Amazon, one very important and basic dimension specification seemed impossible to find (at least in every review and item detail I could find). The unknown? Duh! It was simply the dimension of the scale platform! How big IS it? Can it even hold a standard refrigerant recovery cylinder? Absolutely no one seemed to post that information. This was maddening to me. So, for my fellow sufferers, here it is: This scale has a 9" x 9" platform. Yes I have checked and YES it definitely and comfortably fits the typical 30lb. refrigerant recovery cylinder. Of course any refrigerant container already stored in a typical cardboard carry-box is going to be fine. Most recovery tanks aren't. Consequently, I just REALLY didn't want to have to carry around a scrap board that was big enough to hold the refrigerant recovery cylinder. (Just one more thing to keep up with on the job site!) Glad to say this scale does not require that.
Another functional concern for me was owning a device which auto shuts off too quickly. With the typical refrigerant recovery times that are in the real world...in my opinion, a scale that shuts off every two or three minutes to "save the battery" is virtually worthless, and a pain in the butt. This scale does not do that. I have read elsewhere that the auto shut off time is 15 minutes, which is still pretty short...but mine didn't do that. I will post the actual auto shutoff behavior in a future review - as I have not personally observed the actual auto shut-off behavior, except to say that it is more than ten minutes. 🙂
Accuracy: the scale seems to quickly and accurately settle on a weight. It selectably displays in oz., lb., and kilos. Yes, you can toggle between the various scales while weighing. Accuracy in ounce mode seems to be perhaps 2/10 of an oz., which is more than accurate enough for typical refrigerant work. IMPORTANT: Accuracy is highly dependent upon a firm stable and level base. Don't expect this or any platform scale to be accurate sitting on on unstable ground like gravel, piles of leaves, or a 15° angle on a tilted roof etc. Bottom line: keep it level and on a hard stable surface, it'll work just fine. Violate those best practices and it won't weigh worth a darn.
Battery: typical rectangular 9v battery. No provision (that I can find) for an AC adaptor. No AC adaptor included in the kit.
SUMMARY: Overall, this scale seems adequate for a journeyman/handyman/ non-master technician guy or gal who needs to monitor as he drops a few pounds of safe non-ozone depleting refrigerants into an R-410 or other ozone friendly hvac system. Is it for a seasoned pro? Probably not, but it is certainly up to the task for amateur/handyman/DIY homeowner. It is also portable and robust enough that it could double as a postal scale quite handily, and should be plenty accurate for routine use on packages over a pound or so.
Overall, I give it 4.5 REAL stars.
Pros: diecast metal body, simple intuitive operational controls, does not auto shutoff too quickly
Cons: Chinglish instructions, no AC adaptor, cannot trim or preset a known tare weight.
Best user: DIY handyman, Journeyman or occasional recharger of non ozone depleting modern refeigerants (i.e. Apartment maintenance crew) vending machine field service, high school or jr. high school classroom demonstration scale, etc.