Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About H. Norman Wright
Dr. Wright is a graduate of Westmont College, Fuller Theological Seminary (M.R.E.), Pepperdine University (M.A.). He has received two honorary doctorates, D.D. and D.LIT, from the Western Conservative Baptist Seminary and Biola University respectively.
He is the author of over seventy books including Experiencing Grief, The New Guide to Crisis and Trauma Counseling, Recovering From the Losses of Life, Quiet Times for Couples, and Before You Say I Do. Dr. Wright has pioneered Premarital Counseling programs throughout the country. He conducts seminars on Parenting, Recovering from the Losses of Life, Trauma and Crisis Counseling, and Marriage Enrichment.
His current focus is in grief and trauma counseling and critical incident debriefings. Part of his work is developing curriculum in loss, crisis and trauma as well as community wide Grief Recovery seminars. He is a Certified Trauma Specialist and a Certified Traumatologist.
He and his wife Joyce were married for forty-eight years and he lives in Bakersfield, California. His hobbies include bass fishing, gardening and training his Golden Retrievers, Shadow and Aspen, as therapy response dogs.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Finding the Right One for You is rich with guidelines and practical exercises developed by marriage enrichment expert and author of the bestseller Before You Say “I Do” Norm Wright. Designed to help people in the process of dating make the choices that will lead to the kind of marriage they’ve always longed for, this book is a must for every person involved in or hoping to be involved in a relationship.
Those seeking God’s direction in their decision will appreciate Norm’s straightforward answers to questions such as…
- How can I know if I’m in love?
- Where do I find a lifelong partner?
- How can we know if we’re compatible?
- When should I get out of a bad relationship?
- How do I recover from a broken relationship?
- What if I’ve already been married before?
Formerly titled Finding Your Perfect Mate
Expert counselor Dr. Norm Wright provides practical advice on how to spot, face, and conquer fear in this easy-to-understand book. His down-to-earth, practical advice backed by over four decades of Christian counseling experience will help you successfully combat negative thought patterns with the Word of God and effectively maintain a positive outlook on life through prayer and positive self-talk. Includes clear explanations and practical advice on how to stop worrying.
When anxiety robs you of sleep, when worry saps your energy, and when fear captivates your thoughts, it is easy to feel helpless. But you do not have to remain a prisoner of fear, anxiety, or stress any longer.
- Find out the difference between helpful and unhelpful fear
- Recognize the true causes of fear and how to overcome them
- Learn practical ways to break patterns and habits of anxiety and worry
- Discover your source of peace, security, and freedom
See how the fear of rejection, fear of failure, and even our genetics can impact whether or not we worry about a situation. Then, discover how the Word of God, prayer, and a positive outlook can help you break that pattern of fear.
4 Key Features of Dr. Norm Wright's Overcoming Fear and Worry
1. Expert Advice Explained in an Easy-to-Understand Way
When you feel on-edge and drained by worry, the last thing you need is a book that's un-relatable and hard to read. Enjoy having this easy-to-understand, 112-page book that covers what you need to know in a conversational way! Using stories, life illustrations, and clear explanations, Dr. Norm Wright writes in a way that makes you feel as if he is speaking straight to you. Weaving his experience as a counselor with the Word of God, he gives expert and trustworthy advice.
2. Provides a Solid Overview of the Characteristics and Impact of Fear
Get answers to key questions, such as: What is fear? What causes my fear? How can I overcome fear? How does worrying affect my health? What is the difference between fear and worry? What is OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)? Is it a sin to worry? And more!
3. Includes Personal Reflection Questions and Exercises that Will Help You Identify the Causes of Your Fear and Anxiety
To truly break free from the prison of fear, you must first identify the underlying causes of your fear and the habits that fuel your anxiety. Throughout this helpful book, Dr. Norm Wright takes you step-by-step through the process of overcoming your fear. He includes practical questions, exercises, activities, and even provides areas for you to write down your responses.
4. Features Practical Advice Rooted in the Word of God
Enjoy getting practical advice on how to overcome fear along with illustrative examples that will help you apply each suggestion to your own life.
- Find out how to tackle the "what ifs" that can paralyze us with fear.
- Learn how to apply the "principle of replacement," shifting negative thoughts into positive ones.
- Discover 6 key ways to confront your worry and the 2 key ways to break a pattern of fear.
- See what the Bible says about worrying (includes key Bible verses and explains how to effectively wield the Word of God and prayer against fear)
- Personal use/growth
- To give to someone who is struggling with fear and anxiety
- Ministry training tool
- Christian counseling resource
- Supplemental information for a Bible study on fear, worry, or anxiety.
No parent likes to see their child struggle, especially withdark emotions like anger, fear, and depression. Family counselor and bestsellingauthor Norm Wright addresses these emotional issues in a compassionate,family–friendly way that will help parents to communicate more freely withtheir children.
Included in this interactive parenting manual areconversational guidelines and learning activities for children that encouragethem to work through these difficult emotions. Parents will gain keen insightsinto the cause of these intense moods and develop sound principles in dealingeffectively with them.
Biblically based and solution–oriented, Helping Your Kids Deal with Anger, Fear, and Depression is a must–have forparents, Sunday school teachers, ministers, and family counselors.
Couples will discover how to make their future marriagessuccessful by covering remarriage basics and communication skills; establishingrealistic expectations; and handling problems, including in–laws, mergedfamilies, money, and sexual issues.
Trusted Christian counselor H. Norman Wright gives concise-and-clear answers to your questions on parenthood. Drawing on his years as a professional counselor, as well as biblical wisdom and real-life understanding, Norm helps you with issues that range from “my toddler won’t go to sleep at night” to “my teenager refuses to do household chores.” You’ll discover practical suggestions and innovative ideas in an easy-to-read format:
I really get frustrated talking with my children. They just won’t listen, and the more I tell them to listen, the less they do. Help!
If you want to be heard by your children, try talking less. The greater the number of words that come out of your mouth, the more your children’s ears and mouths close. Here are three more suggestions…
Offering plenty of encouragement and hope, The One-Minute Counselor for Parents is short enough to quickly glance through and detailed enough to refer back to when specific issues arise.
Work conflicts? Rocky love relationship? Kids running wild? Noted Christian counselor Norm Wright can help! He provides concise, straightforward advice on topics you care about. Drawing on biblical wisdom, practical knowledge, and his years as a professional counselor, Norm fields questions and offers solutions to help you experience great relationships and achieve goals. Topics include:
- “I work with a beautiful woman, and the constant temptation is wearing me out.”
- “I’ve caught my kid stealing three times now. Nothing I do seems to get through to him.”
- “I don’t get along with my parents, but they’re getting older and need my help.”
- “Women say men are single-minded. We are—that’s why we reach our goals. But I’m tired of my wife always saying I ignore her.”
- “My kids are driving me crazy. I keep blowing up at them.”
The One-Minute Counselor for Men is great for finding quick answers and detailed enough to provide solid resolutions for specific problems.
I just lost my job.
My mom died of cancer.
My best friend was in a serious accident.
When a family member, friend, neighbor, or coworker is in pain, he or she needs your support—even if you’re not sure what to do. Trusted Christian counselor Norm Wright offers this easy-to-follow handbook on how to respond to others during and after crises. As part of a national team that provides grief counseling following tragedies—including recent shootings and September 11—Norm knows firsthand what works when giving comfort. Along with discovering how you can respond in difficult situations, this straightforward guide will help you:
- understand the confusion and emotions the person will experience
- decide what to say and what not to say
- choose what you can do immediately and long-term
- give encouragement during depression and grief
- provide biblical wisdom for helping the person cope and live on
Sensitive, practical, and specific, this handy reference includes information you need to be supportive and point to God as the ultimate healer.