Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Stan Gibilisco
Customers Also Bought Items By
SUPERCHARGE your understanding of ELECTRONICS
Learn electronics without getting your wires crossed! Electronics Demystified, Second Edition teaches you fundamental concepts and applications step by step.
This practical guide begins by covering voltage, current, resistance, impedance, admittance, and power supplies. The book goes on to discuss semiconductor diodes, transistors, integrated circuits, and signal amplifiers and oscillators. Wireless electronics is then addressed, including radio-frequency transmitters and receivers, telecommunications, and antennas. Detailed examples make it easy to understand the material. End-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce key topics.
It's a no-brainer! You'll learn about:
- Ohm's law
- Current and voltage in RL and RC circuits
- Oscillation and amplification
- Bipolar and field-effect transistors
- Radio-wave propagation
- Receiver and transmitter design
- Communications satellites and antennas
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Electronics Demystified, Second Edition helps you master this essential subject.
Want to master astronomy or aerospace engineering but are intimidated by the complex formulas and equations? Tried other self-teaching guides but were turned off by the dry, complicated presentation? Problem solved! Astronomy Demystified is a totally different, very entertaining, and amazingly effective way to learn the mathematics, fundamentals, and general concepts of astronomy.
With Astronomy Demystified, you ease into the subject one simple step at a time – at your own speed. Unlike most other books on the topic, general concepts are presented first – and the details follow. In order to make the learning process as clear and simple as possible, heavy-duty math, formulas, and equations are kept at a minimum.
THIS UNIQUE, SELF-TEACHING TEXT OFFERS:
* Questions at the end of every chapter and section to reinforce learning and pinpoint your weaknesses
* A 100-question final exam for self-assessment
* Tips on how to get the most out of observational tools such as binoculars and telescopes
* Discussion of the special problems associated with observing the sky at “invisible wavelengths”
* An easy way to understand the math involved in astronomy
Simple enough for a beginner but comprehensive enough for an advanced student, Astronomy Demystified is your short cut to understanding the heavens.
Master calculus from the comfort of home!
Want to "know it ALL" when it comes to calculus? This book gives you the expert, one-on-one instruction you need, whether you're new to calculus or you're looking to ramp up your skills. Providing easy-to-understand concepts and thoroughly explained exercises, math whiz Stan Gibilisco serves as your own private tutor--without the expense! His clear, friendly guidance helps you tackle the concepts and problems that confuse you the most and work through them at your own pace.
Train your brain with ease! Calculus Know-It-ALL features:
- Checkpoints to help you track your knowledge and skill level
- Problem/solution pairs and chapter-ending quizzes to reinforce learning
- Fully explained answers to all practice exercises
- A multiple-choice exam to prepare you for standardized tests
- "Extra Credit" and "Challenge" problems to stretch your mind
Stan's expert guidance gives you the know-how to:
- Understand mappings, relations, and functions
- Calculate limits and determine continuity
- Differentiate and integrate functions
- Analyze graphs using first and second derivatives
- Define and evaluate inverse functions
- Use specialized integration techniques
- Determine arc lengths, surface areas, and solid volumes
- Work with multivariable functions
- Take college entrance examinations with confidence
- And much more!
Solve your math troubles with DeMYSTiFieD
If you cannot tell the difference between your Roman and Arabic numerals, or if when someone asks 'what is pi' you say "delicious," you need Everyday Math DeMYSTiFieD, Second Edition, to unravel these fundamental concepts and theories at your own pace.
This practical guide eases you into basic math, starting with counting and simple operations. As you progress, you will master essential concepts such as division, converting decimals into fractions, determining volume, and more. You will learn to measure capital gains and losses as well as apply percentages in the real world. Detailed examples make it easy to understand the material, and end-of- chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce key ideas.
It's a no-brainer! You'll learn about:
- Prime numbers
- Surface area
- Powers of 10
- English vs. metric units
Simple enough for a beginner but challenging enough for an advanced student, Everyday Math DeMYSTiFieD, Second Edition, helps you master this essential subject.
MULTIPLY your chances of learning STATISTICS
Trying to understand statistics but feeling a bit uncertain? Here's your solution. Statistics Demystifed, Second Edition helps you master this fundamental topic with ease.
Written in a step-by-step format, this practical guide begins by reviewing background mathematics, probability basics, and descriptive measures. The book goes on to demonstrate statistics in action with coverage of sampling, estimation, hypotheses, prediction, regression, correlation, causation, order, and chaos. Detailed examples, concise explanations, and worked-out problems make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce learning.
It's a no-brainer! You'll learn about:
- The probability fallacy
- Random sampling
- Assumptions and testing
- Chaos, bounds, and randomness
- Variance and standard deviation
- Correlation and cause/effect relations
- The use of statistics in medicine, law, math, and engineering
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Statistics Demystified, Second Edition helps you master this essential subject.
An enlightening guide to optics
Are you in the dark when it comes to understanding the science of optics? Now there's a glimmer in the gloom! Optics Demystified brings this challenging topic into focus.
Written in an easy-to-follow format, this practical guide begins by covering the nature of light, the electromagnetic spectrum, reflection, refraction, and color dispersion. You'll move on to common optical devices and effects, lasers, and optical data transmission technology. Industrial, medical, and military applications are discussed, as are exotic optics such as holography. Detailed examples and concise explanations make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce learning.
It's a no-brainer! You'll get:
- Explanations of the particle and wave theories
- Analysis of optical microscopes and telescopes
- Functional details of fiber optics
- A sampling of optical illusions
- A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam or at work
Simple enough for a beginner but challenging enough for an advanced student, Optics Demystified illuminates this vital physics topic.
Amp up your understanding of electricity and magnetism with DOZENS OF DO-IT-YOURSELF EXPERIMENTS
Electricity Experiments You Can Do At Home is a hands-on guide that helps you master the principles of electrical currents and magnetism. Each of the book's three sections--direct current, alternating current, and magnetism--begins with step-by-step instructions for setting up your lab for the experiments that follow. Using inexpensive, easy-to-find parts, the experiments progress from basic to more complex and will spark ideas and encourage inventiveness. Expect unexpected results when you experiment with:
- Diode-based voltage reducer
- Compass-based galvanometer
- Photovoltaic illuminometer
- Utility bulb saver
- Ripple filter
- Xener-diode voltage regulator
- AC spectrum monitor
- Ampere's law with wire loop
- AC electromagnet
- Handheld wind turbine
- And dozens more projects
ELECTRICITY EXPERIMENTS YOU CAN DO AT HOME helps you to:
- Solve circuit problems in electricity
- Build practical and interesting electrical and magnetic devices
- Get ideas for science-fair projects
- Prepare for advanced courses in electricity and electronics
- Learn the basics of laboratory practice
Set up your own home electronics workshop
In this practical guide, electronics expert Stan Gibilisco shows you, step by step, how to set up a home workshop so you can invent, design, build, test, and repair electronic circuits and gadgets. Electronics Workshop Companion for Hobbyists provides tips for constructing your workbench and stocking it with the tools, components, and test equipment you’ll need. Clear illustrations and interesting do-it-yourself experiments are included throughout this hands-on resource.
Learn techniques, calculations, and formulas for working with:
- Integrated circuits
- And more
A thorough revision of the classic tutorial of scientific and engineering mathematics
For more than fifteen years, Mastering Technical Mathematics has been the definitive self-teaching guide for those wishing to boost their career by learning the principles of mathematics as they apply to science and engineering. Featuring the same user-friendly pedagogy, practical examples, and detailed illustrations that have made this resource a favorite of the scientific and technical communities, the new third edition delivers four entirely new chapters and expanded treatment of cutting-edge topics.