Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Robert W. Bly
Robert W. Bly (Montville, NJ) is a professional writer, speaker, and marketing consultant with over 3 decades of experience in business-to-business, high-tech, and direct response marketing. He became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s. Bob is the author of more than 90 published books including Careers for Writers (McGraw-Hill/VGM), Secrets of a Freelance Writer (Henry Holt), The Copywriter's Handbook (Henry Holt), and The Elements of Business Writing (Alyn & Bacon). McGraw-Hill calls Bob Bly "America's top copywriter," and he was named 2007 Copywriter of the Year by American Writers and Artists, Inc. Bob writes a column for Target Marketing magazine. The Direct Response Letter, Bob Bly's free e-newsletter, has over 60,000 subscribers.
Check out Bob's blog at http://bly.com/blog or contact him at www.bly.com/contact
Customers Also Bought Items By
In this book legendary copywriting pioneer and marketing expert Robert W. Bly shares his groundbreaking strategies for winning customers and earning profits with direct mail. Dive in and learn how to:
Plus, you’ll receive Bly’s very own templates, samples, and checklists to ensure your direct mail materials earn you the highest ROI possible.
And he shares all his secrets within these pages. Secrets like:
* The hidden market most freelancers overlook that can boost your income to unbelievable levels
* The “quiet” magazine market that’s easy to break into and often pays very well
* How to ask for (and get) the fees you deserve
* How to use Bob’s “positioning” techniques to set you apart from your competition
* How to write a “bullet proof” book proposal
* 22 rules for successful self promotion
* Insider secrets to effectively use the Internet to reach your income goals
* How to do more... in less time
Bly goes on to list resources... books, websites, organizations and magazines... that are designed to help you succeed as a freelance writer.
Bob Bly’s Guide to Freelance Writing Success is an indispensable resource for the serious freelancer. Bly’s track record is impeccable. And today he’s sharing his secrets.
Frank, opinionated, and – with 65,000 subscribers to his e-newsletter, The Direct Response Letter – Bob Bly dispenses advice, wisdom, and strategies on having a successful business and a happy life on a weekly basis. In this book are 85 of his most popular columns, including:
• Unlock the gold mine hidden in your content. Page 41.
• Profit from John Steinbeck’s “lost” writing secret. Page 37.
• 7 rules for writing retail advertising that sells. Page 10.
• The 80/20 rule for freelance writing success. Page 127.
• Optimizing white papers for search engines. Page 75.
• The awful truth about cold calling. Page 56.
• A lesson in education from Good Will Hunting. Page 139.
• And more.
Blog Schmog takes a look at the blogging phenomenon and its impact on politics, writing, marketing, public relations, publishing, journalism, and all other forms of communication. Written from a skeptic's point of view, Robert Bly holds blogging up to close scrutiny, giving practical, easy-to-use tips that can help you master blogging and its application.
This book cuts through the hype surrounding blogging, enabling you to get a true and accurate picture of blogging's potential as well as its limitations. Inside you'll discover how the blogosphere operates along with real-world advice from blogging experts on how to write an effective, reader-oriented blog.
this book are 101 of his most popular columns, including:
• Overcome the #1 barrier to digital marketing success. Page 89.
• Make more dough as the master of your “micro domain.” Page 7.
• The 90/10 Writing Success Formula. Page 15.
• The ideal run-time for your online videos. Page 247.
• 3 ways to attract top affiliate partners. Page 101.
• The awful truth about today’s gurus. Page 42.
• The magic of “thin credentials.” Page 123.
• And much more.
>>Was Winston Churchill wrong about never giving up? Page 6.
>>How to stop “marketing gurus” from robbing you blind. Page 19.
>>The most effective way ever to overcome procrastination.
>>How to never, ever be bored again. Page 26.
>>Should aspiring entrepreneurs go to college first? Page 33.
>>How to work with only the best clients for you. Page 37.
>>How to follow up without being a “sales pest.” Page 43.
>>What’s the best way to get started in your profession – 9-to-5 job or freelance? Page 49.
>>The most important thing you can do today to build your online business. Page 204.
>>The myth of the 8-second attention span and “nobody has time to read your copy.” Page 73.
>>Make money writing and publishing your own Kindle e-books. Page 87.
Written to help marketers—from the Fortune 1000 to small business owners and solopreneurs—turn their websites from cost centers to profit centers, The Digital Marketing Handbook by legendary copywriting pioneer and marketing expert Robert W. Bly teaches you the proven models and processes for generating a steady stream of traffic, conversions, leads, opt-ins, and sales.
Whether you are marketing an online-based business, brick-and-mortar store, or a hybrid business, Bly will teach you how to:
- Integrate a digital marketing plan with traditional marketing outreach efforts
- Maximize open rates, click-through rates, conversions, and sales
- Avoid the most common internet marketing mistakes that cause people to fail online
- Build a large and responsive opt-in email list
- Master Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising, and other traffic-generating tactics
- Drive quality leads to your online and offline storefronts
- Produce brand awareness and generate leads with Snapchat, Instagram, Periscope, Pinterest, and other social media platforms
- Design hub sites, landing pages, and "squeeze pages" guaranteed to bring in leads
Plus, Bly shares tested direct response methods that can increase your online revenues by 50, 100, and even 200 percent along with an extensive resource section to give your website a competitive edge.
Expert Bob Bly shares his secrets for earning $1,000 to $5,000 a day, or more, as a self-employed speaker, lecturer, or trainer. He shows readers, step-by-step, everything they need to know to become polished speakers, create winning presentations, find a market niche, set fees, get bookings, and much more. Aspiring speakers will learn about the corporate training market-who buys training, what the hot topics are, how to package and sell training courses, and what to charge.
Bob Bly (Dumont, NJ) is an independent copywriter, advertising consultant, bestselling author, popular lecturer, and highly successful trainer.
The only career series designed expressly to turn passions into paychecks!
These inspiring books let career explorers look at the job market through the unique lens of their own interests. Each book reveals dozens of ways to pursue a passion and make a living--including the training and education needed to polish hobbies and interests into satisfying careers.
in today’s multichannel marketing world, the number of marketing channels has increased geometrically – from content marketing and search engine optimization, to online video and white papers, to Facebook ads and blogging. As a result, the challenge is twofold: (a) Master the many marketing channels for maximum response and (b) Integrate them into a multichannel marketing campaign encompassing both offline and online tactics. This is the challenge that The B2B Marketing Handbook can help readers solve in what will be the most up-to-date B2B book on the market. Successful marketing expert and copywriter Robert W. Bly cuts through the clutter of short-lived B2B marketing techniques and trendy gimmicks to reveal the critical steps you need to reach business customers in a crowded B2B marketplace.
Dishing bite-sized lessons, supported by in-chapter exercises and end-of-chapter actions, Bly coaches you in creating an effective B2B marketing plan that produces results.
Learn how to:
Develop a clear business marketing vision
Position your business and services strategically
Research your market and target your ideal client
Integrate online and offline marketing
Put measurements in place to assess marketing tactics
Create an effective implementation schedule
Review and troubleshoot for future success and growth
Whether embarking on a new venture or reviving your current business plan, this practical handbook provides the next steps toward business success and survival.
If you sell any kind of service, whether professional, personal, or technical, this book will give you the information you need to bring in large numbers of sales at the fees you want.