Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Robert W. Bly
Robert W. Bly (Montville, NJ) is a professional writer, speaker, and marketing consultant with over 3 decades of experience in business-to-business, high-tech, and direct response marketing. He became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s. Bob is the author of more than 90 published books including Careers for Writers (McGraw-Hill/VGM), Secrets of a Freelance Writer (Henry Holt), The Copywriter's Handbook (Henry Holt), and The Elements of Business Writing (Alyn & Bacon). McGraw-Hill calls Bob Bly "America's top copywriter," and he was named 2007 Copywriter of the Year by American Writers and Artists, Inc. Bob writes a column for Target Marketing magazine. The Direct Response Letter, Bob Bly's free e-newsletter, has over 60,000 subscribers.
Check out Bob's blog at http://bly.com/blog or contact him at www.bly.com/contact
Customers Also Bought Items By
You'll discover how to maximize your time by setting priorities, create useful schedules, and overcome procrastination, how to boost your energy level and productivity with proper diet, exercise, and sleep. You'll also learn how using the latest technology can enable you to manage information and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
Make Every Second Count will show you:
Make Every Second Count also contains time-tested advice on goal setting, business travel, social networking, mobile technology, planning systems, and time management in the home.
When trying to close a sale, answer a complaint, or offer thanks, a well-crafted letter can make all the difference. Packed with practical advice and 300 easy-to-adapt sample letters, this all-purpose guide shows readers how to write letters that get results -at work and at home.
Covering the nuts-and-bolts of letter writing as well as the secrets of high-impact prose, the book delivers proven recipes for attention-grabbing introductions, persuasive arguments, memorable phrases, and closing clinchers. Best of all, it offers guidance on business and personal letters for every circumstance, from job hunting, selling, fundraising, and asking favors to giving a reprimand, responding to criticism, expressing sympathy, and declining gracefully. It's the only reference anyone will ever need to write the perfect letter, whatever the occasion.
* The one critical element for success missing from the Law of Attraction.
* How to find your niche in life.
* Starting a new career or business - are you every too old? Is it ever too late?
The answer may surprise you.
* Protect your future against career and financial disaster with this back-up plan.
* 10 offensive behaviors you should avoid at all cost.
* 25 secrets of lasting success.
* The 25-50-25 rule of time management. Ignore it at your peril.
* The awful truth about business cards.
* 4 simple steps to outrageous business success.
* Is marketing necessary?
* How to charge more and get paid what you're worth.
* And more...
• The awful truth about goal setting.
• Why you should never, ever work on spec.
• Today’s 7 hottest trends in B2B marketing.
• 5 steps to becoming indispensable.
• A proven technique for producing profitable ideas.
• 5 little-known tips for keeping your copywriting clients happy.
• 5 ways to get your book published.
• 9 rules for writing money-making video sales letters.
• Freelancing: the good, the bad, and the ugly.
• 10 tips for reducing stress. Page 126.
• Are customer surveys a waste of time?
• And more ...
Loaded with realworld examples of how the pros consistently increase response and generate more and better leads, Business to Business Direct Marketing gives you the guidance to create and develop narketing communications that win every time. Veteran business marketer Bob Bly unlocks the secrets behind the seven key strategies and tactics of busines-to-direct marketing. He takes the reader step-by-step through the different types of communications and media at the marketer's disposal.
Bly shows you how to:
- Cut through the hype and get real benefits from marketing in the newer electronic media, including the World Wide Web.
- Increase the pulling power of every print ad.
- Get more inquiries and orders from every ad.
- Make your direct mail response rates soar.
- Boost response from sales brochures.
- Maximize orders from business catalogs.
- Create hard and soft offers that sell more.
- Profit from postcard decks.
- Use press releases and feature articles as direct response tools.
- Generate leads from speeches and seminars.
- Create inquiry fulfillment packages that close more sales.
Easy to understand and use, Business to Business Direct Marketing is a gold mine of time-tested ideas and techniques guaranteed to produce more profitable communications with business buyers.