Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
Clear step-by-step exercises are suitable for the fourth trimester, caesarean recovery and year one and beyond. Take control of your postnatal recovery and feel empowered with this toolkit of resources.
Health, fitness and wellbeing advice will help replenish and renew your energy in mind, body and spirit.
Learn how to check for abdominal separation and recognise the signs of pelvic floor weakness – what it means and what you can do about it.
Posture tips, easily incorporated into your day-to-day life – while breastfeeding, pushing your buggy, at your desk, picking up your toddler.
Routines are realistic and manageable as they are broken down into bite-sized 10/20/30-minute blocks.
Stop feeling like a failure, and start enjoying motherhood|
- Addresses the idea of 'Supermum', showing how unhelpful it is to try and reach unrealistic perfection
- Deals with negative emotions many mums feel: anxiety, self-doubt, guilt, and teaches them to change their thinking methods
- Uses proven techniques such as CBT, mindfulness and narrative therapies to empower mums to change their mindset and feel happier
- Teaches mums to focus on THEIR strengths and stop comparing themselves to others
What if you were able to dwell on the good stuff rather than the bad? To have confidence in your decisions, trust your gut, and let go of your skewed vision of 'perfect parenting'? The key is to find a way to navigate through any unhelpful thought patterns, to find a more positive, healthier outlook.
This is a book for those seeking to find that shift in perception: to turn around your negative mindset, to view your own achievements in a different light, to be kinder to yourself. It uses CBT, mindfulness and other established therapies to help you to rebuild your confidence in your own parenting style and drown out the niggling competitive doubts. The sooner you do this, the sooner you can enjoy parenting your kids, and they will thank you for it. Embracing the imperfect, being good enough.
With easy-to-follow activities combining a blend of other psychological strategies, the book walks you through exactly how to unpick your bad thinking habits. Author Anya Hayes and clinical psychologist Dr Rachel Andrew give you in-the-moment solutions to common parenting flashpoints, as well as enabling you to create robust, positive and flexible ways to approach parenting decisions in the future.
This is a straight talking, woman-to-woman pregnancy fitness guide with a difference.
· how to optimize the position of your baby for a better birth experience;
· how to avoid succumbing to the 'pregnancy waddle' and protect your back as your bump grows;
· how to deal with second pregnancy posture while knackered and running after/constantly lifting a toddler;
· how to minimize the trials of pregnancy on your abdominals, pelvic floor and mind;
· how to get into the right mindset for a positive labour, and release tension postnatally;
· exactly what cardio exercise is safe and beneficial to you and your bump, and what you should avoid.
Pregnancy: the naked truth is a refreshing alternative to the medical pregnancy tomes. It is down-to-earth, funny and honest, guiding women through each stage of pregnancy in a practical and reassuring way. It deals with issues other books may avoid, and answers questions youd want to ask your best friend:
Aimed at modern girls women who may be concerned about the effect of a baby on their lifestyle, bodies and careers, as well as excited about the next step in their lives the book supports you through your pregnancy journey.