Top positive review
“My goal in writing this book was to make the science of living long
Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2020
and healthy, easy and actionable.” (Max Lugavere)
Motivated by watching his mother succumb to the ravages of Alzheimer’s, Max Lugavere went on a mission to find out what, if anything, could be done to prevent this from happening to others. This book is the result. It’s easy to read, HARD to accept and to integrate into my life, well...that would be GARGANTUAN.
Many of the recommendations are drastic, especially when you’ve traveled 7 decades already. That’s not to say they’re not worth doing, only that change is difficult, (at certain ages it’s REALLY ROUGH) but if his conclusions are correct, the payoff is a “Genius Life”. Here’s the breakdown by chapter:
1. DON’T FORK AROUND - Max reveals his thot’s on what and WHEN best to eat for ultimate function and defense of the brain
2. TIMING IS EVERYTHING - an introduction to circadian biology, how to make the most of the individual nature around us
3. THE VIGOR TRIGGER - how to get and make the most of vitamin D (sun), use ambient temperature to boost fat burning (a winner!), and impact diseases of the brain
4. GET OFF YO’ A** - movement to encourage improved metabolism, something for every fitness level
5. TOXIC WORLD - oh. my. gosh. this chapter has caused me HOURS of future work! lots to research about potentially problematic medications; also info in food additives, food storage containers, (no more plastic), and how to how insidious stress really is
6. PEACE OF MIND - practical ways to destress; they’re NOT all easy!
7. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER - just what it says!
This is a book that will be referenced often. Speaking of references, there are lots of them (about 30 pages worth) in here and they’re all fairly current. Max did his homework and his information rings true; from a motivation that could potentially effect all of us. “The Genius Life” is a book that’s worthy of time and attention. Highly recommended 📚