Top positive review
Fun, easy to read, A Reacher story.
Reviewed in the United States on May 4, 2019
I was making my list of Reacher books read and found out that I am missing 4 old books. I bought Echo Burning 05/02/2019 and finished reading on 05/03/2019. As good as it gets.
This book was great to read. A compelling hero, a fun story and a sweet ending. There is not much else to expect from a Reacher book, but hey, I think is perfect.
Now I read a lot of reviews on Reacher books to get insights about the books prior to the purchase. Ultimately, if you are interested in an easy, entertaining read go for it. All of them. Echo Burning included.
What I liked about this one.
1. Great start. Some of Reacher books have a compelling start. Either a fight or a perfect initial scene. Echo Burning has it.
2. The basic Reacher. Old style, Reacher V1.0
3. Characters. Good, balanced.
4. Twisting plot. Maybe some get it faster or by the end of the book. But it is a good plot. Not interested in giving spoilers. So basically, you’ll have fun and will be hooked with the story.
5. Action scenes. Of course, not as much as I wanted, but enough to satisfy the reader. PERSUADER is my favorite best in this aspect.
6. Dialogues and catch phrases. Yes. Either actual quotes or invented they generated the usual grin.
Last but no least. I decided to review because I read a lot of poor and bad reviews on Reacher books. The average is 4 stars but there are a lot of 1 and 2 stars.
Respecting the opinion of my fellow readers I think that is not about comparing or making a ranking or detecting each mistake that Mr. Child and the book may have in terms of style, structure, facts and storytelling but I believe that if you are looking for a fun book, this could be one great catch. Go for a dive and enjoy.