Top positive review
Awesome "around the house" starter kit
Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2019
For under $60, you can't beat this kit!
I would consider myself to be an "around the houser" when it comes to using tools. I'm not doing any voluntary DIY projects, but hanging pictures, fixing door handles, putting together furniture (you get the picture) is normal for me.
After reading through different reviews on Amazon and watching youtube videos I decided on the Black and Decker and I'm very happy with my purchase.
- The battery life is great, I've never done anything where I needed to stop halfway through to charge the battery (plus you can get spares). I think another reviewer said it lasted him around 4 hours.
- The torque is great. I've never had one problem drilling or removing screws.
- Hard to explain, but I feel as if I have more control over the speed / power im putting out vs my old dewalt drill.
- Relatively lightweight and ergonomically designed.
- The accessories are decent. The bits seem like cheapish steel to me, but the assortment is nice to have / I saw it as a bonus anyways.
- There are no glaring cons, assuming the fact that you treat this like the starter kit it is. But It's not the most powerful drill, isn't the most complete kit, doesn't come with a drill case or bag, etc.
The one thing I didn't realize was they didn't include any allen bits, which stinks because I specifically bought the drill to put together an IKEA desk. (which I find very odd as they included Robertson bits) As a side note, I ended up getting the baker and bolt allen bits and they are incredible quality. https://www.amazon.com/Baker-Bolt-Wrench-COMPLETE-Magnetic/dp/B07GVSV5R7/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=baker+and+bolt&qid=1576546921&sr=8-2 - I highly recommend those too.
All in all, this is a great drill kit for the value. I give it a 5/5.