Top critical review
Call me picky but I do NOT recommend this book
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on May 1, 2009
This is a nice book, with very colorful pages and photos; however, my issues with the book are as follows:
1. Too much detail for some photos and not enough detail for others. E.g., in Toys we have a "Soft Toy" for a rabbit and "Soft blocks" for building blocks. Why not just call it what it is.. a rabbit or building blocks.
2. A small peeve of mine - I am an avid soccer player. Under colors we have a "blue ball". This blue ball is a soccer ball. I wish they would have included a section on say, "Sports". Then you could have an object for each sport. Now each time I come to the colors section with my daughter I explain that it is a blue ball but it really is a soccer ball.
3. Would have been better if the last section was "Bedtime". Why Bedtime was put four up in the front of the book I could not venture to guess.
4. Should have had a more extensive food page. In fact, make the food page span two pages. This is something children do three or more times a day. They will know and relate to this more than any other section. They could even have apportioned the sections to say "Fruits and Vegetables" or something of the like.
5. No shoes in the "Clothes" section.. only rain boots?
6. Is that a diaper in the "Clothes" section? A better photo should have been taken.
7. Why not crayons in the "Toys" section?
8. There are two telephones in this book. One in "Home" and one in "Toys". Could we not think of some other possible toy?
9. Why not a musical instrument section? This could have been included. Instead we have THREE pages of animals (Pets, Farm Animals and Wild Animals).
10. The "Myself" section should have been called "Expressions" or "Faces".
11. How is a potty associated with "Bathtime"?
12. Instead of slippers or mobile for "Bedtime" why not a pacifier or bottle of milk or water?
Save your money and take the time you would have spent reading this book to your child each day (or whatever your frequency would be) and take them outside for a walk.