Top positive review
Great design, solid construction, incredible value
Reviewed in the United States on February 7, 2015
I traveled through Europe this summer with all my camera equipment stuffed into a standard backpack. Changing lenses, batteries or filters required setting the backpack on the ground and digging through, which made photography a hassle and made my subjects (spouse and kids) extremely impatient. After we returned, I decided that I needed a more professional solution.
I read tons of camera backpack reviews and watched a few dozen videos before setting on this one, and I couldn't be happier. Here's what I see as the key features that make this product stand out from other alternatives:
- NONDESCRIPT APPEARANCE: Most camera backpacks scream, "I'm a camera backpack," making you an easy target in crowded venues. I have thousands of dollars of gear and place a premium on the security offered by this anonymity.
- VERY COMFORTABLE: With adjustable wide padded shoulder straps on chest and waist, it took me seconds to find just the right comfort setting, and I can wear the backpack comfortably for hours.
- SPACIOUS: Easily fits my camera body, 4 lenses, flash and accessories, several filters and hoods, external mic, tripod, batteries and battery chargers, memory cards, laptop and tablet - with room to spare.
- SMART, SOLID BUILD: Padding is thick. Dividers are plentiful and easily shifted with Velcro attachments. The camera body (with just about any lens attached) easily fits in the center compartment, for quick removal and storage. The zippers move well.
- RAIN COVER: The pack comes with a specially fitted rain cover that easily slides over the backpack and helps keep everything dry. Based on my research, only the "higher-end" camera bags come with one of these.
- EXCELLENT PRICE: This backpack is a tremendous value. I couldn't find anything else that was close to this price for this feature set, size, and quality.
AmazonBasics is a misnomer for this product - it's anything but basic. I look forward to getting many years of use out of this well-designed, well-made backpack.