Top positive review
Aids Vital Tactile Deveolpment and More 🧠
Reviewed in the United States on February 14, 2018
This Mom’s reasons for loving this particular toy:
The highest concentration of nerve endings that attach to pacinian corpuscles - feeling vibration - and Meissner corpuscles - feeling light touch - are located where? Lips and fingertips! No wonder they touch and chew on everything! :-)
Since your baby has already begun to develop their sense of touch as early as 16 WEEKS gestation, and this region of the brain is the most significant in terms of all senses early in life (and in later life - think about it, you see blind and deaf elders, but very few who can no longer feel) it makes sense to offer toys with varying textures and complex structure. While these little toys may not be very durable, they sure serve their purpose with infants!
* Arrived in a bag, thankfully with no awful plastic stench!
* Very nice coloration. Not too blah, not too fluorescent.
* Size is perfect for gripping, and structural integrity is such that a smaller hand can collapse the ball (like the bigger purple one) enough to grab hold of it.
* Since they are lead-free and BPA-free, they are safe for little gummers.
* Light weight and easy to toss around to discover cause and effect. Try putting a ball in baby’s hand while you hold them and let it drop into/on to something that makes noise...the game never ends!
* Great for working on object permanence as well as color naming and recognition. We loved playing “Where’s the (color name) ball?” by hiding the balls under a box or blanket and squealing when little mister found the right one. 😊
Research proves that the more varied your child’s tactile experiences are, the more open they are to instruction (higher academic performance), their instances of anxiety dramatically reduce (fewer tantrums!), and their ability to maintain and build on the vast network of synapses they were given at birth is improved. So, in short, help your baby’s somatosensory system be all it can be by offering not just your affectionate touch, but a serious of fascinating new objects on a regular basis - like these fun, simple toys!
I hope you found this helpful and not too boring, lol! Unfortunately, by the time I got around to a review several months had passed and our puppy had eaten most of them. The photo is right out of the box.