Top positive review
Here's how you make these last...
Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2018
I've just ordered, and received, the third one of these. My first two went the same way everyone else's did - the charging port breaks. You can wiggle the cable around and get it to charge sometimes, but for the most part, once it's broken, you throw it away. Why did I buy a second, and now a third? Because this thing is super comfortable for my big mitts, and extra battery life is nothing to sneeze at.
This one, I strongly suspect is not going to have that problem - here's what I did.
1. Take it apart (don't miss the screw under the label in the middle on the bottom of the back!). It's going to void your warranty. Let it go.
2. Grab a hot glue gun, and warm it up.
3. Locate the USB connector, and absolutely gob over the back end of it with glue. This will afford some protection to cables being plugged in and out. Make sure not to get any glue inside the connector, where the cable plugs in.
4. Put the unit back together. Don't skimp on the screws, put them all back, you want it nice and snug.
You could stop there, and likely get longer life out of it, but I like to push things, so I went a bit further...
5. Order a set of these magnetic breakaway USB cables: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BXB6W4V
6. Ring the connector port with hot glue (not too much this time), again making sure not to get any inside.
7. Plug the USB connector end of one of those cables into the port while the glue is still wet, and seat it nice and firmly.
Granted, you'll only be able to charge with the breakaway cable, but that link I put up there has a set of 3.
When all is said and done, you should now have a battery grip that will charge as long as you own it. Good luck!