Top positive review
1. A massive expansion ... of the initial chapters of Paul Stump, "Go Ahead John: ..." ... .
Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2020
1. A massive expansion (with corrections) of the initial chapters of Paul Stump, "Go Ahead John: The Music of John McLaughlin", 1999.
2. Many of the same people/places as in Philip Norman, "Slowhand: The Life and Music of Eric Clapton", 2018. But from the other side of the reading/theory divide.
3. Musically literate. With citations, footnotes, and endnotes.
4. Surprisingly (but, implicitly, not totally) disjoint from Pat Martino, Bill Milkowski, "Here and Now!: The Autobiography of Pat Martino", 2011.
5. Does cite Larry Coryell, "Improvising: My Life in Music", 2007.