Top positive review
Nice stand with a small annoyance
Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2015
I purchased the black one for my home office and the silver one for my work office. TL;DR - a no-brainer laptop stand considering it's more than 50% cheaper than competing products.
The Bad/Annoying --
1) The black stand didn't include the foam pads on the front stops (Pic 1). My silver one did. These pads act as anti-slip and anti-scratch pads when opening the lid and when having the lap top screen open far back. When they are not present, my 13" MacBook Air will tend to slide up above the front stops. Which leads me to point 2.
2) The MacBook Air does push the limits for center of gravity when the screen is pushed all the way back. In this position, the laptop wants to tip back and/or hop up out of the stand (pic 2). With the stopper pads are in the place, I've had no problems. However, they should consider lengthening the top of the stand.
The Good ---
1) I agree with other reviewer(s) that the weight is great. I was expecting a flimsy type of stamped metal, but this a very heavy gauge and almost looks like "machined" aluminum.
2) Price is unmatched w.r.t. quality.
3) They are nice looking! Also, the paint on the silver and black seem to be electrostatic and/or baked on, which means it's very durable. (Don't quote me on that being that actual process).
4) Everything I need in a stand (except the missing pad on the black stand)
Amazon Team -- can you send me the foam stopper pads for the black stand? I don't want to return the entire stand! Thanks.