Top critical review
Great Soft Low-Profile Tonneau Cover
Reviewed in the United States on March 2, 2019
3/10/2019 Update: As I wrote in my initial review, the tonneau cover only latches on one side (rail) and not both. Consequently, during a 600 mile trip from Charlotte, NC to Orlando, FL, the tonneau cover popped off the latch during my highway only drive and allowed for water to enter my bed. I have reduced this product to three stars as a result and will pursue a solution to secure both sides.
Disclaimer: I have owned several soft low-profile tonneau covers by various manufacturers and present this review with that in mind. All pictures are from this product.
I purchased this tonneau cover for my 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 6’6” box. Overall, the product does what it is intended to do - cover your bed. Of all the brands that I have owned and reviewed, this is the lowest price point ($199 at time of purchase) and stacks well comparably in terms of quality and installation. I am rating as a 4/5 because of the locking mechanism only being on one side and is not swappable, along with the other cons
- Cheap price, good quality tonneau material
- Installation is quick (60 minutes or less regardless of experience) and can be done solo
- there is weather sealing across the outer perimeter entirely
- This is the lowest profile of any tonneau cover I have owned, nearly flush to the bed rails
- The rails appeared to be slightly warped, unsure if this is a manufacturer defect or result of cheap metal
- The tonneau cover secures at only one point (driver side) which not only is visible to the eye, but compromises the security
- The rail that runs parallel to the tailgate does not have enough height to activate the locking mechanism and as a result will not latch while the tailgate is closed, unless the rails are mounted above the bed and in turn losing the flush mounting appearance. Additionally, because the tailgate is closed after latching the tonneau cover, the weather strip parallel to the tailgate does not lay on top as it likely would if the tailgate could be closed while latching into the security mechanism (see images)
- The rail mounts are very low quality and only comes in a pack of six (6) for three (3) on each side. This is inadequate and less than what competitors at the same price point offer. As a result, it becomes challenging to perfectly align the rails to the bed frame as there should be at least four (4) mounting points on each side, if not five (5) in my opinion
- Common with all soft tonneau covers I have owned, the thread appears to already be unraveling immediately out of the shipping box. I have noticed this occur after months of use in the elements, but never out of the box (See images)