Top positive review
A great collection of short-stories spanning all across the Halo universe
Reviewed in the United States on September 20, 2016
There are thirteen short-stories present in this novel that span across the timeline of the entire Halo universe. Most of the stories are around 30-40 pages, with a couple being around 15-20 and one spanning almost 100 pages in length.
Each story takes place at a different time of the Halo universe, ranging from the end of recorded Forerunner history up to the events of "Halo 5: Guardians". A lot of the stories are continuations or act as sequels to past Halo stories.
1. We get to see what Spartan-III survivors Tom and Lucy are up to after their rescue from Onyx after the events of "Halo: Glasslands".
2. There's a story that takes place on Meridian following the Guardian awakening and escaping after the events in Halo 5.
3. There's a story about Bornstellar after the firing of the Halo array.
4. There's a story about Veta Lopis and the Spartan-III's Mark, Ash, and Olivia after the events of "Halo: Last Light".
5. There's a story taking place on Venezia following the events of the Kilo-Five trilogy.
6. One of the more surprising stories included is "Shadow of Intent", which is the entire short-story starring Rtas 'Vadum, the Half-Jaw Elite, who fought alongside the Master Chief and Arbiter during the final days of the Covenant War (Halo 3). This story was only ever released digitally up until now, and so is a very nice inclusion in this novel.
Among other great stories that span across the events of Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 5: Guardians.
Fans of Halo lore should give this book a try. Because it is all short-stories, it is very easy to pickup and read, and expands upon a lot of the things we have learned about from prior novels and Halo events.