Top positive review
Large - Well Made (Mostly) - Two Faults
Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2018
I bought this Amazon Toiletry Organizer / Travel Bag after my original travel organizer fell apart after many years of use. The product description showed this travel organizer was a larger than my original which seemed like a plus.
Once it arrived the first thing I thought was man this thing is huge! I thought about sending it back but needed to pack for a trip so I used it anyway. After packing my toiletries I was pleasantly surprised to see this organizer didn't take up much more space than my original organizer. It also seemed to be of a little better quality and folded nicely when full.
I've now been using this organizer since March of 2017, and it since I travel l a lot it gets used almost every week. So far I am pleased with the bag, with two exceptions which I'll go into below.
First the good stuff. One of the things I like about this organizer is that besides being larger an able to hold more stuff than many travel organizers is the pockets which are made out of a TPU material that that is clear, flexible and resists punctures.
I also like the different types of storage compartments used for packing various items.
Starting from the top down.
• Pocket 1: Made of a reinforced semi-clear TPU material for carrying items that have sharp edges
• Pocket 2: Made from clear TPU material to easily identify the contents, has 1" wide bottom sewn into it allowing for packing larger items.
• Pocket 3: Same as Pocket 2
• Pocket 4: Made from a strong mesh that allows air flow for damp toiletries.
Tip: Take time to round over any sharp edges on toothpaste tubes and like items. This will help prevent unwanted punctures in your organizer. (see pic 4)
Okay, now for the not so good.
• The supplied hanging hook is too small for my liking. As it comes it is not wide enough to hang over most doors which is sometime a necessity in some hotels. My last organizer had a larger hook that worked well. (see pic 1)
• The strap that holds the hanging hook is held on by one row of stitching right along the edge of the strap. This weak point failed after a few months, allowing the organizer and contents to fall to the floor. (see pic 1)
If I wasn't able to sew that last issue would have been a huge negative for this organizer, however I was able to sew on the larger hook form my previous organizer and now the bag is perfect. Overall I like this travel organizer very much.
I hope you found this review was somewhat helpful. I've included some pics below with measurements (see pics 2 & 3) and I'll update this review if I experience any more issues.
11/28/2018 Update: The price dropped on these so I bought another one. The hook size and weak strap attachment design has not changed.