Top critical review
Not universal. See pictures attached.
Reviewed in the United States on December 29, 2017
I bought this to mount a Vizio 29" soundbar on top of a Vizio 40" TV. This is the smallest soundbar Vizio make and it's a relatively small TV (well within the 23" to 65" range stated in the description).
1. The cost at $10.99 with free prime shipping. This is so cheap that I view it as buying parts.
2. The bracket itself is made of quite thick metal and feels well painted (black). I think it will last and I doubt the bracket itself will break.
Cons (see first picture attached) :
1. My TV's VESA screw holes are 4mm (the smallest size). Although this product comes with dizzying array of various bolts and washers, only two 4mm (M4) bolts are provided so right off the bat there is no way to use all 4 VESA holes and hence it's going to wobble.
2. The two washers for the two 4mm bolts slip through the slots in the bracket. That's why I added an extra plastic cable grip as a temporary washer to take the photo.
3. With the short arm in the straight longest position, the bracket in a diagonal position just reaches two VESA holes. This is going to wobble even if the bolts did grip the bracket.
Solution (second picture attached) :
From Orchard Hardware, I bought 1) 2 more 4mm bolts, 2) 4 fender washers (small hole, large washer) and 3) aluminium 3/4" strip x 26" long. The total was under $6 which I'm fine with. I could not have bought anything as sturdy as the black brackets in this product though, especially for just $10. It so happened that two holes in the bracket at the top were in a position ideal for resting two spare bolts in and resting the back of the soundbar on. Picture of final solution attached which I'm happy with.
Hard to give a rating in this situation. But I've opted for 1* because the product cannot claim to be universal. Most people will not do what I did to fix it; e.g. use a drill. The product description is quite boastful with photos about above or below mounting, being universal and also attaching to all the VESA sizes, and this I feel is stretching the truth. However, no doubt it is cheap.