Top positive review
Well, it works better than expected. Much better. (Note: And yes, you can extend the range of the device...)
Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2018
It's true - when the MEATER first came out (I kickstarted it), it took a while to actually receive...which drove a lot of skepticism. My dad, brother, sister and I all had ordered one and anxiously (and angrily) waited for it to come...which it did. You may wonder, why then a 5 star review? A few things:
- You don't need to wait a long time anymore...I ordered two more of these devices, and they all came within a week.
- The temperatures are accurate...trust us...we spent forever thinking 'yeah, this is too good to be true'. We tried it against all of our dozen-or-so wired thermometers (a TON of times), and the meat turned out better than when we had used the wired ones.
- I see a lot of people complaining about the range...and I did too at first. However, one thing that the creator of this device should highlight in neon lights (HINT HINT) are their videos explaining that YOU CAN EXTEND THE RANGE. I can seriously go to the park with my nephews or watch a movie, and still cook my meat (NOT RECOMMENDED - FIRE HAZARD). If you have no idea where to find it...type in 'meater range' into youtube, I think it should pop up.
- It really increased the types of meat my whole family were comfortable cooking. Their app lets you easily choose between beef, pork, fish and more...but then FURTHER lets you choose stuff like rib-eye, brisket, steak...and then asks you 'rare, medium rare, medium, etc.). Since then, I've only burned ONE piece of meet out of dozens...and that was because I fell asleep away from my phone...
- It's super easy to clean. It wasn't THAT much hassle before, but when you're trying to keep your kitchen clean and 'sleek' and not have 3-4 wires dangling around, this fits in pretty well.
We get it...a lot of us were angry because it took a while to come. I was one of those people...I seriously didn't touch the device cause it took so long to come and I was bitter. But, I'm glad I eventually did open and use it cause it works better than advertised.
Note: A few buddies of mine ordered some 'knock-off' versions of this device because they were cheaper...that ended up being a big mistake. The quality was poor and their accuracy was super off...