Top critical review
Nothing works, also many unverified reviewers
Reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2018
Most of the projects we tried so far don't work. And why? Nobody bothered to edit the book and to try the projects to make sure everything is right. Sometimes they have the code wrong, sometimes they forget to show all the connections that are needed.
For example, project 22:
- They list the wrong numbers in the code. A few pages later they do have the correct numbers, but I had to spend endless hours on the internet to figure them out.
- The forgot to show that you need to connect a wire to the GND.
- They don't show you where the - and + signs are on the breadboard.
- The layout they have for the Arduino board has completely blurry inscriptions. My eyes hurt after trying to decipher what was written on their Arduino board, and mostly I was unable to tell.
- Something else is wrong, as the project just doesn't work right (the motor spins all the time and pauses for a second when the correct code is pressed, instead of spinning only when the correct code is pressed. I've given up on trying to figure out why that happens.
They have some cool projects in the book. But these can be found online for free, including codes. The reason I wanted the book is that we'd have a step by step fool-proof guide to cool projects. My son and I don't know much about Arduino and we still wanted to be able to built some cool projects. We weren't able to with this book, and my son lost his interest in Arduino.
Very disappointed, and feel this is wasted money.
Also note, most of the reviews of this book are by unverified reviewers. I think this speaks volumes.