Top positive review
Nice, minimal design, good functionality
Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2016
The Apple Pencil is a truly magical accessory for the iPad Pro, but it’s slippery and always rolls all over the place. Here the FRTMA Apple Pencil sleeve comes to save the day.
The FRTMA sleeve is a silicone holder and grip for Apple Pencil with 6 pretty strong magnets embedded into its side. The magnets allow you to attach the Apple Pencil quickly to the front side of the iPad Pro, the front sides of a magnetic smart cover, or pretty much any magnet-friendly metal surface.
The sleeve comes shipped in a small plastic tube, and it comes with an extra magnetic plate that you can stick to any surface to quickly store your Apple Pencil wherever you want.
- The silicone texture feels pretty durable and high quality
- It gives my hand a nice, controlled grip while drawing -- not slippery like the bare Apple Pencil
- It stops your pencil from rolling around
- Magnets feel feel pretty strong -- once your pencil is anywhere near the magnetic sweet spot on the iPad Pro, it’ll lock into position. Once it’s attached, you can flip your iPad upside down and the pencil should stay attached, even with some light shaking.
- Fits very snug on the Pencil
- It only covers and protects about 1/2 of the length of the Apple Pencil
- Installing the FRTMA sleeve is also kind of difficult to do -- you really have to give it a really good push and twist until it’s on there
Overall, the FRTMA sleeve is a beautifully minimal accessory that I highly recommend for the Apple Pencil. It makes drawing on the iPad pro a lot more precise and comfortable, while giving you more options for quick storage of the pencil when it’s not in use. Please visit the TechBoi6000 YouTube page for my full video review.