Top positive review
Memphis Law Professor with the only Worthwhile book!
Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2019
This is the only “about law school” book I will whole heartedly recommend.
McClurg is the first author I read that seems to understand that the majority of law students will not be going to a top 14 school. There are over 200 ABA accredited law schools in the US and it seems that most books about law school are geared towards the top 10% of schools and forget that the other 90% of people need more practical advice other than how to apply for Yale - Georgetown.
McClurg gives a good glimpse into what law school will be like for the majority of students.
From addressing the typical fears incoming students have, to tips on how to succeed (spoiler alert: there are no short cuts in law school!), and the real impact law school has on your day to day life. McClurg even includes a chapter on non-traditional students because he understands that a number of law students are not “high-school to undergrad to law” people. We have had families and jobs/careers and maybe will be working while in school.
Whereas other books will suggest you move in with your parents and have them help you pay for school, this book understands that most of its readers will not have that option.
This book is a MUST HAVE for anyone thinking about going to law school or anyone preparing to start their 1L journey.
Let McClurg be your guide to note taking, outlining, exams, case-briefing, and the Socratic method. He will do so with humor and understanding.