Top positive review
Comparison of Hanes, CYZ, and Fruit of the Loom Men's Pajama Pants
Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2017
UPDATE: After a year of wearing all three brands (Hanes, CYZ, and Fruit of the Loom) with constant washings and dryings, major differences are clear:
1) The Hanes came out to be the best, by far--most durable and least shrinkage. The button is still very secure, the band is strong, and there was no fraying. The 60% cotton and 40% polyester apparently works to deter shrinkage.
2) The Fuit of the looms (100% cotton) shrunk so high that they are half way up his calf in length (they look a little silly but he still wears them), and the draw string is very frayed.
3) The CYZs still have a problem with the fly, which is flimsy and the button still comes undone (too small for the hole), so you definitely don't want to be wearing them in mixed company. Otherwise, they were as good as the Hanes in terms of low shrinkage and strong construction. These are also 60% cotton and 40% polyester.
ORIGINAL REVIEW (after only one wash):
My husband decided to try three top brands: Hanes, CYZ, and Fruit of the Loom. The photos show all three brands after washing and drying. My husband is 6' tall with a 32" waist and wears a "medium." He loves all three brands, but there are some differences.
- All have pockets, button fly, and elastic waist band with drawstring tie.
- All three are very comfortable and fit according to specifications.
- All three have close to the same fabric weight, with minor variations.
- All three held up well in the wash (photos show one wash for each pair).
- The drawstring weight and form are actually about the same (the Fruit of the Loom drawstring is softer and gets a little scrunchier when washed).
- The Fruit of the Loom seems to have the most substantial waist band and fly construction, followed by Hanes and CYZ. The CYZ also has smaller button and does not stay buttoned as well as the others. So, the fly is not as smooth on the CYZ as it is on the Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. However, my husband likes the CYZ pair for their light weight and comfort.
- The CYZ and Hanes are 60% cotton, 40% polyester, and the Fruit of the Looms are 100% cotton. However, the Fruit of the Loom bottoms did not shrink any more than the CYZ or Hanes after first washing and drying.
Overall, my husband is very happy with all three brands and "lives" in them when he's at home.