Top critical review
Samsung incompatibility + Don't use unless you have perfectly centered studs!
Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2018
I got this TV mount to hang a Samsung 75" QLED TV on the wall. I was really excited reading all the success stories about getting this mounted and the tales of awesome playful interactions with the vendor. Their email messages were also confidence inspiring.... All that deflated when the actual time to install the mount came and I realized what a huge mistake was getting this thing instead of the bigger brand model sold at your favorite local warehouse.
First let's do the positives: the mount is well built, metal is thick and sturdy, it will hold the TV just fine. There is no need to assemble anything and the stud screws are solid as well.
Now the not so happy stuff:
1) The included VESA screws are not sufficient for mounting current generation Samsung QLED TVs - the short screws are too short and the long screws are too long (or require really big spacers which Samsung does not recommend). I was in luck that my installer had a full complement of screw lengths and could come up with a "medium" length size in between the too-short and too-long sets provided by Echogear.
2) The mount only gives you about 5 inches of horizontal centering ability so in my case I had to end up not being able to center the TV properly. With 18" spaced studs and the studs not properly centered on the nook's wall, the large flat screen ended up ~4inches off center to the left. Enough to be really annoying. Again, the similar product sold by the large national warehouse company has proper support for centering the bracket hold and would have worked a lot better.
3) Most annoying - the tilt adjustments and screws are junk. If you want the TV to hold the tilt you have to tighten a metal-on-metal, no washer, no counterlock screw, but the screw does not hold, apart from being really hard to tighten. It feels like I am about to bend the small twisting rod they provide to tighten the tilt screw, and I am still not able to get a proper lock "don't ever move again" adjustment.
4) Repeat the same annoyance with the screw-on-metal, no locking mechanism this employs for the very limited horizontal leveling. Long term this is not as rage inducing because the TV is mostly balanced, unlike the tilt forward adjustment.
5) Finally, cable management. It's lacking and that sucks. There is very limited space so any cable you end up feeding around the arms will get in the way of the mount completely closing or in the way of some other movement.
In conclusion there are just too many reasons to regret my purchase that I can't get over. As I mentioned, the mount at least is solid and holds the TV, but lack or proper screws for current model Samsung TVs, lame tilt mechanism adjustments, lack of ability to proper center the TV on imperfect studs are very annoying design shortcomings. Please SKIP this one and get the saner alternative.