Top positive review
Awesome Dashcam but even though a small screen, takes great video
Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2019
This is my 3rd camera from Amazon. And the ONLY one that is great! In my opinion and basing it on the ones I have. My first one was good, but low quality video, 2nd was 1020P video but crud night vision. While the night vision on this one is good, it is grainy but you can still see details, could tell if someone hit you, or you witness an accident.
I put up a few photos showing the clarity of the pictures. This are grabbed from moving pictures (screen shots) but still very clear.
The things I love about it;
1. GPS tells how fast you're going, what direction and your coordinates at all times. If a cop pulls you over and says you're doing 65 in a 55 zone, if you were, oops, if not, you have video proof of exactly how fast you were going.
2. You not only have video but you can take snapshots at any time, even use it as a camera to take pictures of places and things. Might have to carry a battery pack for power but it's a great cam too.
3. I can connect to it with my Android phone (works with smart phones too) and see what it sees. Of course the range isn't going to be super long but say it's on outside a restaurant and you're close enough, you can connect and watch what's going on.
4. The suction cup to mount to the windshield is the best I've seen. It also has other mounting options but I chose this and it's great.
5. I can do 1, 3, 5 and 10 minute size video. You can also do 4gb per video but at the highest setting, you're not going to get much, and that setting is the only setting that once the micro sd card is full, it will not overwrite old files. The other settings will.
6. You can watch the video on the cam, your phone, your TV and the computer.
7. With the Rove APP you not only see your videos, but it will show you on the map where you are during the video.
So... if you do have an accident, or witness one like I did a couple of months back with my old camera, quality is why I ordered this one. But anyhow, you are covered. Has 150 degree view angle (could be a bit more for my liking) but you can see for yourself in the pictures I posted.
The ONLY thing I don't like is the size of the screen but I knew the size before I ordered it as it's posted in the description so I can't ding it for that. A larger screen would be nice but the camera is still great.