Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
As with many comics originally released in individual issues, the publishers later released this trade paperback compilation of the issues--1 through 4 in Volume 1, with more volumes scheduled for release after the individual issues have been out a while. I already reviewed all of the issues individually as they came out, and there's not much point in writing up rereleased content, but just for your info, I'll spotlight the included stories and list the variant covers!
(They call the issues "chapters" in this compilation.)
CHAPTER ONE is about Steven, Lapis, and Peridot finding and caring for a baby bird, whom they name Susan.
For issue 1 there were SIX covers included!
1. The main cover: Steven in a bubble with bubbled Gems around him, by Missy Peña.
2. Fried Pie exclusive cover: Stevonnie playing Steven's ukulele, by Missy Peña.
3. Wondercon Exclusive cover: The Gems in their beach outfits; Garnet's holding Steven, Amethyst's pointing at a sandcastle of the Sea Spire; Pearl's reading, by Missy Peña.
4. Gem foil exclusive cover: the Gems on the Warp Pad, by Missy Peña.
5. Subscription cover: Weapon-ready Gems in front of a superimposed Rose Quartz, by Rian Sygh.
6. Variant cover: Gems with weapons in the warp stream, by Jenn St-Onge.
CHAPTER TWO is about Stevonnie going to prom with Kiki Pizza.
For issue 2 there are THREE covers included!
1. Main cover: Amethyst with her whip: by Missy Peña.
2. Subscription cover: Gems in front of the lighthouse from far away, by Rian Sygh.
3. Variant cover: Gems swimming in the ocean, by Jenn St-Onge.
CHAPTER THREE is about Steven helping Buck Dewey with food trucks.
For issue 3 there were THREE covers included!
1. Main cover: Garnet posing with a gauntlet up, captioned "flexibility love and trust," by Missy Peña.
2. Subscription cover: Stevonnie with shield and sword, by Rian Sygh.
3. Variant cover: Crystal Gems group shot like Steven's taking a selfie, by Jenn St-Onge.
CHAPTER FOUR is about Peridot, Amethyst, and Steven attending a Renaissance Faire.
For issue 4 there were THREE covers included!
1. Main cover: Pearl and Steven sitting on flowery vines, by Missy Peña.
2. Subscription cover: Steven playing ukulele in the bubble room, by Rian Sygh.
3. Variant cover: Gems with the van listening to Steven and Greg play instruments, by Jenn St-Onge.
There is NO other new content in the book, so if you only care about having all the stories and already own individual issues, there is no need to get this. But if you prefer having them all together and want the variant cover art, pick it up!
For me, the standout comic here is #2 with Stevonnie and Kiki at prom. Steven and Connie also explore their relationship and the importance of disclosure, honesty, and intimacy. I think the weakest was #3 with the money-raising food truck scheme. It's all worth reading, though.