Top critical review
10 issues / 10 goods
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on April 6, 2021
10 Issues. Actually 11... (There are more of course)
1. ( I have 8 kids) Seriously no kid would survive this, NONE!
2. (I grew up on a farm) The tractor planted Field corn is too young in the field for the amount of days into the attack. Over 170 days in and still no tassels on the corn... Seriously!!!!
3. Corn bin is too full. It should have been sold out to afford the current crop cycle. Judging by the equipment and home, they would have needed the money. Even if a renter runs the land they move the corn out during winter. And the kids should have stopped sinking once they stopped moving.
But sink they do. Unless they hold a metal door overhead with a monster on top then they mysteriously don't sink in the corn.
4. It's apparently so bad that they need sand paths and bare feet... Ahhh! Yet raccoons are still alive over 170 days into it only for one to get killed for a minor chattering sound on the sand path. Be sure not to pee on the ground, No farting. Hiccups? No sneezing or coughing. Oh but let's all take a family stroll to the distant store, I'm sure that later we can take turns as parents blaming ourselves as to how we could have prevented one of our kids from being taken by the creature.
5. Most industrialized nations already know how to use frequencies against humans... Are you really telling me these same militaries never thought to try this on sound sensitive predators?...wow!
6. The creature can't get into the truck but could bust straight threw the metal corn bin, apparently they have super strength when annoyed buy a frequency... Yet later they get subdued when annoyed buy a frequency???
7. The pickup truck with the kids rolled out of the field to the house...... What in neutral? Just like that!.. And it sure took awhile for the super fast creatures to catch up.
8. Where are they getting electricity from??
No really. Maybe I missed it but, I didn't see any solar panels.
9. Let's see then there is the waterfall. They can scream and yell near it. Getting past the obvious sound difference of falling water and yelling.... Ok then... The guy has all this radio equipment stuff. Maybe make a masking noise 24/7 like the falls. Water, wind. Crickets.. Whatever.
10. Apparently we are to believe that all militaries are unable to stop these things. I believe one article said they are virtually indestructible... But. At the end of the movie a shotgun blast to the head killed one. Did I miss something. Last I checked annoying a creatures senses shouldn't change its physical composition. So prior to annoyance a 50 cal sniper rifle, flame thrower, heat seeking whatever, electrification ...etc wouldn't work, yet after annoyance a shotgun kills it.
11. The creatures can run full speed thru fields, woods, corn patches.. Avoiding smacking into trees, tractors, buildings. They can navigate stairs and use railings. All while being apparently blind. So they must have one heck of a good (bat like) frequency echo location. Not noticeable to the human hearing range. Yet! When in an area with a human standing quiet right next to them they can't locate the human? They have been killing humans for over 170 days. They can figure out railings and stairs but locating a quiet human from 10 feet away is somehow difficult..?...
12. (Sorry can't stop myself) 3 creatures in one remote country area. Judging by how fast they travel and when they arrive its maybe a 5 square mile area. Also the whole world is underseige by them. This is a large scale invasion. I doubt they can reproduce and spread like that in 170 days. Where the heck could that many creatures come from. Doubt they bred by the millions in the ocean for various reasons namely all whales and dolphins would be dead...etc. Couldn't have come from underground as what would they have eaten to grow by the millions? I think the story would need to go to an alien attack. These creatures don't have the ability to arrive by the millions by themselves. Perhaps an advanced alien race sending a cleaning crew? One it can control by frequencies?
Ok to be fair 10 goods.
1. No swearing, or sexually immoral behaviors. Everyone is well covered. This is rare for a movie nowadays. Having several kids watching, usually I end up turning movies off as they almost always never put that junk in the trailers. (You should be able to get your money back if you quit a movie before 50% into it!!! Not to mention 5min in!) I didn't need to turn this one off.
2. At a kid level, say 11 to mid teen they probably did not catch all the issues this movie has and thought it a decent scary movie.
3. The creepiest part by far was when the creature slid under the water in the basement..... Yes there are issues with why... Never mind...
4. The video work is decent, the creatures look fairly real.
5-10. Sorry I can't think of any more....
Apparently there is going to be a sequel. Good. Then maybe I can find out how they are getting power to their house and why the military couldn't kill these things.. And WHERE THEY CAME FROM!