Top positive review
Spacious and Comfortable - Tech included is a little weak
Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2019
- Plenty of room for a laptop, some books, and a change of clothes. Simple overnight trips are fine, but I wouldn't pack more than 2 overnights. Front pockets are large enough to pack some extra cords, toiletries, etc. A little stiff at the moment, but with breaking it in, you can fill them up decently.
- Stretchable side pockets - easily stretch to fit my Blender Bottle. Not many bags in this style have such stretchable pockets and yet retain the look of something more fashionable vs. too sporty/atheltic.
- Straps are comfortable. A little stiff, but maybe I just need to get used to that.
- Adaptor cords (for battery and for the headphones) are removable and easy to put into place. You could then use better cords and the problem is solved (more on the problem below).
- The inside pouch (used for laptops/tablets) holds its shape really well, so I can fit papers, journals, anything that needs to remain flat. I tested this out with a stack of papers and some spiral bound journals and they held up with a laptop and other items on top of them.
- Magnetic clips aren't as accurate and easy to snap into place. Maybe the magnetism could be a bit stronger or the holes for the snaps could be adjusted.
- The cords included for the portable battery charging & the headphones adapter are definitely on the weaker side. The portable battery cord works, but when I tested it on my phone to see the difference in charging time (phone directly into the battery vs. through the included adapter). Directly into my phone, it was 20 minutes. Plugged into the adapter, it was 50 minutes. So it's a little personal preference if you want it to charge faster or not, but I don't see myself using the adapter and just plugging my phone directly into the battery.
- In regards to the headphone adapter, it was almost unusable. Maybe the cord is defective, but it kept cutting out often and the jack itself must be defective. The concept is nice, but realistically if someone wants to change songs, they'd have to open the backpack, locate the phone, change songs, place the phone back in the backpack. This seems too unnecessary for me to actually use. The cord is easy to remove, however, but again the cord itself was very problematic.
Overall: Definitely a worthwhile purchase, especially at the price point (I paid $23 at the time of this review). It's comfortable on my back (straps need some breaking in) and I really appreciate the stretchy side pockets. The capacity is perfect for brief overnights or some shopping when traveling. Be aware the included cords aren't that great and are more of personal preference. The battery charging ability is more realistic (keeps from having to hold the battery or dangle from a purse), while using the headphones slot is not really beneficial (unless you want to keep your mp# player/phone in your backpack). I will update the water resistance and traveling scores when I go on a brief trip.