Top critical review
Essentially a soft cover with a magnetic keyboard you can carry
Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2020
- Soft "Apple Style" cover with magnetic auto lock feature (when keyboard not in place)
- Light weight
- back-lit keyboard is a big plus when typing on a plane
- Relatively inexpensive for getting both items
- Clumsy open and close with the keyboard. You have to re position the keyboard to open and close it. Also, when flying, the case plus keyboard are a bit wider than many economy seat tray tables. The flexible material around the joint causes the iPad to slip/fall back.
- Auto Lock feature does not work when the keyboard is stored in the cover.
- Volume and power buttons need to be pressed hard to use
- Closing the cover with the keyboard in place may scratch the iPad screen if being transported in a backback or tight space. Please note, I have a glass screen protector on my iPad and have not had any issues. This is just a concern.
- Feels heavy with the keyboard - total weight of the case + keyboard is 560g or 1 Lb 3.8OZ. Please note, this is actually lighter than the 1.75Lbs the manufacturer specifies. However, it still feels heavy to me.
While a bargain, I would prefer lighter and less clumsy. I travel quite a bit and was hoping to use this as an alternative to carrying my laptop around as typing emails on an iPad screen takes too long compared with a keyboard.