Top positive review
It works and the latency is near zero. Impressive for the price.
Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2021
This review is for BlueAVS Audio Video Capture Cards HDMI to USB 1080p USB2.0 Record via DSLR Camcorder Action Cam with USB Extension Cable. Model number is BLAVCCUSB20IN.
It works. The latency is near zero. It will do 60fps at 720p or less. It's really great as an entry capture card for a Twitch streamer who is just starting out (if you have an HDMI splitter also to get output to monitor). This will capture your 720p consoles at 60fps and output at the same. Higher resolutions are 30fps only. I was unable to test at 4K, but 2K did work @30fps.
I read in another review that someone was unable to capture audio from this device in OBS. This does work, but not similar to Elgato devices. On the BlueAVS, the video and audio devices are separate and need to be added into OBS scenes individually. I used instructions I found in the comments of a YouTube video.
1) Plug in your console's HDMI into the video capture usb.
2) download OBS studio
3) In OBS under SOURCES, add an "audio input capture" and set DEVICE to "digital audio interface (USB digital audio)". Click OK.
4) Right click in the AUDIO MIXER, and select "Advanced audio properties"
5) here, go to "audio input capture" (the one we created in step 3), and set "audio monitoring" to "Monitor and output" You will now hear your console's sound.
6) in OBS under "sources", add a "video capture device".
7) In the properties for the just added video capture device set these options:
- Set DEVICE to "USB video"
- set RESOLUTION/FPSTYPE to "custom"
- set RESOLUTION to 1280x720
- set FPS to 60