Top critical review
WARNING!! CHECK THIS PRODUCT FOR POSSIBLE CONTAMINATION!!
Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2020
My husband has cancer so I bought these to help him stay hydrated and keep his electrolytes in check. We drink Gatorade all the time. He drank some of a bottle and said it tasted odd. Later that night he was in the ER with severe stomach pains, diahrrea, and vomiting. They had to keep him for two days. They released him but were unable figure out what was wrong with him. Two days later he drank some from a different bottle. He was back in the ER and transferred to another hospital where he remained ill, as before, but for several days. He again was sent home without knowing what was wrong. About a week later, I drank some of a bottle. It indeed tasted odd. I developed a sore throat, a very painful lump appeared under my tongue, I was suddenly unable to talk, I had difficulty swallowing, and I started having trouble breathing. I was rushed to the ER, intubated, and sent to a different hospital. They said I'd developed a bacterial infection and I had to have surgery to drain the lump or it could kill me. I was in ICU for a week before I could be released from the hospital. I am still recovering at home. I took a sip of another bottle while I was recovering and spit it out. I looked closer at the bottle and saw a thick white ring at the bottom. I checked the rest of the bottles in the case and they all have the thick white ring. I am certain that this caused my husband and I to become so ill!! It is extremely upsetting that this could ever happen!! Both of us could have died!! I am going to take a bottle to my Dr to have an analysis done.
NOTE: I tried to add pictures but it wouldn't let me!! Ugh!!